Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volvo S40 car kit installation

Options
  • 02-08-2009 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I want to get a Parrot handfree device for my volvo, problem is no one wants to fit it to a new volvo s40. cant be that hard. any suggestions out there.
    Im based in Galway, so anyone local would be a help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 farrier

I owned a 2003 Volvo S60 a few years back and apparently they have no mute terminal on the radio so (assuming the S40 is the same) unless you buy a factory fitted car kit your Parrot kit will not be able to mute the radio during incoming calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 endamurtagh

Sorry for the 2 year delay in replying
    found a place in galway that fitted the parrot kit to the s40 with no issues.
    they had to make up there own cable as the amplifer and radio is located in the boot.
    only one issue, the amplifier stayed powered on for about 30secs after the ignition was switched off, cauisng the parrot not to power down correctly.
    quikly solved by taking the ignition sense wire off the
    cigarette lighter instead.
    been working perfectly now, ful ipod control, and the voice control for the phone is excellent.

Advertisement