Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some people just get what they deserve sometimes!

• 02-08-2009 6:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Man, 74, Shoots Carjacker, 18

Houston police said Martin Baltazar, 18, approached August Peters as he was getting out of a car at a home in the 10900 block of Corona Lane shortly before 7 a.m. Thursday.

Investigators said Baltazar, wearing a ski mask, put a knife to Peters' throat and told the man to hand over his keys. Peters got back in his car, pulled out a gun and and fired twice -- hitting Baltazar once in the stomach, police said.
    Detectives said Baltazar ran through a house across the street and tried to run through a back door, but it was locked."I see the guy running to my house, and I see a lot of blood on him.

I told that guy, 'Stay there,'" witness Jorge Ramos said. Baltazar picked up a chair, threw it through a window and jumped out the window, police said. Ramos said the suspect took his pants off in order to get through the window. He then jumped a fence and collapsed two blocks away on Carvel Lane near Wilcrest Drive, investigators said.

Baltazar was taken to Ben Taub Hospital in fair condition. No one else was not injured.Police said Baltazar could face an aggravated robbery charge.

Source: http://www.click2houston.com/news/20153320/detail.html

I'd like to know where do I sent the "Well done" card to the 74 year old?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Caught with his pants down!:D:D

Proper order!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

yay for lax gun laws

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Scummer got what was coming to him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

love that city ,they take no prisioners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Biggins wrote: »

Baltazar was taken to Ben Taub Hospital in fair condition. No one else was not injured.Police said Baltazar could face an aggravated robbery charge.

Source: http://www.click2houston.com/news/20153320/detail.html

Well were they or werent they?:rolleyes:

Really though, good on the old man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If that happened here ye would all call for tighter gun control than there already is.

Saying that, I think the old fella did the right thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Over here, the scumbag would be in line or compo and his intended victim would be arrested for assault.:rolleyes:
    A good news story from the states.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Was his car a Gran Torino? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

This could only happen in America. :D

In Ireland, the old man would get done for possession of firearms and GBH at best. :mad::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Poor kid will never live it down, assuming he survives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

was in houston a couple of weeks ago and got the chance for the first time ever to fire a handgun glock 9mm,sweet,,i am a silver surfer and if i could have one i would use it on any scumbag that tried to attack me,,at my age nothing to loose,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

what is the world coming to when you cant even carjack a 74 year old man without a fear of being shot?

but seriously ever since obama took over there seems to be a couple of cases like this a month in the central florida region

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

utick wrote: »
    what is the world coming to when you cant even carjack a 74 year old man without a fear of being shot?

but seriously ever since obama took over there seems to be a couple of cases like this a month in the central florida region

Florida is another planet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

galwayrush wrote: »
    Over here, the scumbag would be in line or compo and his intended victim would be arrested for assault.:rolleyes:

Yep, that's what happened Tony Martin in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yay for lax gun laws
    Well, Gun Rights anyway.

Its nice to hear about them being used the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I wouldn't lavish too much praise on the old man, clearly he should have aimed a bit lower and castrated him, maybe he didn't have his shooting glasses on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The guy should of ran after him and shot him twice in the head, no doubt he will be out in a few weeks doing more crime, doesnt make a diffrence i guess he will be dead by the time he is 20 anyway, you just cant reason with scumbags like that, you just gotta take em out.

Yep, that's what happened Tony Martin in the UK.

I remember when he came up for parole, it was denied because in the Judges words....' he was still a threat to burglars.........':eek::eek:
    Judges and their stupidity have a lot to answer for.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Ourlad

Poor kid will never live it down, assuming he survives

Lets hope he doesn't survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Biggins wrote: »

I told that guy, 'Stay there,'" witness Jorge Ramos said. Baltazar picked up a chair, threw it through a window and jumped out the window, police said. Ramos said the suspect took his pants off in order to get through the window.

He was worried about ripping his pants?:confused:

• Advertisement

He was worried about ripping his pants?:confused:

Scumbags ain't what they used to be.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Scumbags ain't what they used to be.......:rolleyes:

Sure enough, I mean your man told him to stay there.
    That was gonna work alright.

I can see it now, he's bleeding heavily runs into the guys house picks up a chair throws it through the window and takes the time to remove his pants before making a run for it.

Funny old world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If it happened over here, the old dude would reload, shoot a few more times, and then beat the crap out of him with a walking stick... oh, wait.

this is what happens when old men watch gran torino.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Damn straight: I hope he got arrested by that video too.

Advertisement