Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearm (Secure Accommodation) Order, 2009.

Options
  • 02-08-2009 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Have you complied with the requirements of the Firearm (Secure Accommodation) Order, 2009.?

What does it require you to have i've looked at the garda site AND cant find anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That's one of the SIs being signed this weekend Tackleberry, read the announcement on all the shooting forums for what details we have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Have you complied with the requirements of the Firearm (Secure Accommodation) Order, 2009.?

What does it require you to have i've looked at the garda site AND cant find anything?

I have a safe bolted to my wall since day one, if that's what the Order means. Don't know what the requiremets are?

Six years I am waiting for my safe to be inspected....... Well, to be honest, I'm not waiting anymore......

My FO is aware I have one but the CPO just hasn't popped around to inspect it.... So, I won't bother the chap. I'm sure he'll pop round when he's ready... If there was an issue, I'm sure he would have called earlier....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Hi,

is there a link to this order somewhere?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Not until tomorrow when Dermo signs it into being.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Not until tomorrow when Dermo signs it into being.

Thanks! I'll have a look then.

• Advertisement

Assmuming it was signed, when do these things go on the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Assmuming it was signed, when do these things go on the internet?
    It'll go up on the DoJ website and it usually takes a few days. Iris Oifigiuil may have the fact of it's signing noted in today's issue.

Any word on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Signed but not yet published. Could be a day or three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Hi Guys..

Please excuse my ignorance on shooting laws in general, im only a humbe .22 air rifle owner.

I'm pretty sure my gun is treated as a regular firearm in Ireland, am I correct?

Does this new law mean that we need to have a safe that complies to standards to store it in from now on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

techguy wrote: »
    Hi Guys..

Please excuse my ignorance on shooting laws in general, im only a humbe .22 air rifle owner.

I'm pretty sure my gun is treated as a regular firearm in Ireland, am I correct?

Does this new law mean that we need to have a safe that complies to standards to store it in from now on?
    For a single firearm like yours, highly unlikely. Many options were discussed, but I think either a trigger lock or some other relatively cheap form of security will probably be acceptable.

This is only speculation though and you're best advised to wait until the secure accommodation order is published. I understand that there's quite a backlog of SI's etc (mainly because of the annoying habit of Governments to rush everything through at the last minute like kids cramming for an exam) and we might be waiting more than a week for it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnnyman0

Hi guys,
    Sorry to butt in!
    I have 4 shotguns in the house between myself and the father.
    We've had the gunsafe for the past few years and it was inspected and passed up to now.
    The NARGC website has a link to the Secure Accommodation legislation which tells me that i now have to get an alarm installed.
    Waste of money in my eyes as the gunsafe is in the attic and good luck to anyone finding it.
    Anyway i got a few prices region €1000 being average for the alarm system.
    Went back to the NARGC web to recheck legis and found that they've a recommended alarm co. advertised with discounts to their members. Rang them and got the alarm installed for €425 and passed by the SI.
    Money i could ill afford but better than a grand.

check it out www.nargc.ie

Advertisement