Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

High reving - Triumph Trophy 9

• 02-08-2009 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

eventually got my Trophy 900 back from the garage. It was in getting a new coil fitted as she was firing on only 2 cylinders.

Anyways, I get it back and I took it out yesterday. It was driving well until it started to rev up at 3k and sometimes 4 while it was in neutral. Especially bad when at traffic lights, up it fires and it's a killer whacking it into gear. Gearing down for corners is dangerous as the revs aren't coming down and I'm having to over compensate on the breaks.

I'm reluctant to go back to the same garage.

Before I bring it somewhere else, could it be anything simple?

Thanks guys,

Jon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

I had a car that used to do that, could just be dirt in the throttle body that needs to be cleaned out. Basically the butterfly valve sticks open causing the high revs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

I had a car that used to do that, could just be dirt in the throttle body that needs to be cleaned out. Basically the butterfly valve sticks open causing the high revs.

Thanks for the reply mate, it's not dirt. I only discovered today that when I turn the handle bars left the bike revs even more.

The bike runs fine at first, about 3 miles into the trip it starts to push up in revs when in neutral. I reckon the acceleration cable is sticky or something.
    The garage had the tank off and I reckon the guy jammed up the cable when he put the tank back on. Thats twice it's come away from the same garage with a different problem, time for a change!

Any garage recommendations around city centre?

Thanks all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

yomchi wrote: »
    Any garage recommendations around city centre?

Thanks all.
    Danny in DLM Racing in Santry. Can't go wrong with him! Top chap who really knows his stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Thanks Steff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I once brought my bike in to get a tax disc holder fitted. Wasn't mad about the mechanic but it was only a tax disc holder. Driving out of the garage the steering jammed and I fell off. Turned out the disc holder got caught in the fairing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

trad wrote: »
    I once brought my bike in to get a tax disc holder fitted. Wasn't mad about the mechanic but it was only a tax disc holder. Driving out of the garage the steering jammed and I fell off. Turned out the disc holder got caught in the fairing.

Are you kidding ???

You brought your bike in to get a tax disk holder fitted :rolleyes: !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

KTRIC wrote: »
    Are you kidding ???

Its a big job, requires screwdrivers, allen keys and all sorts of complex shizzle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

trad wrote: »

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

KTRIC wrote: »
    Are you kidding ???

It was a Garda motorcycle and we had our own mechanics at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Throttle cable is pinched under the tank, re route it and all is well unless it's crushed to death!

Good to see another triumph man!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement