Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

party venue in town?

Options
  • 02-08-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest some where in town where you could have a party for about 100 people, dj and probably some food - sandwiches etc. I know Busker Browns have a venue on their 3rd floor - just looking it up on their website. I need to contact them and see if it can be sectioned off from the main pub.
    But I guess I'd be looking for somewhere similar... any suggestions? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Late night, I have been at stuff at Nimmos. Heard about Buskers too. Front Door do some sort of a section rope off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Theres a small room at the top of the Kings Head - not sure if it'll fit 100 skulls though. Its nice and private with its own bar and toilets.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

My pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

the back bar in the office in salthill would b perfect.dont have number tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

Depends how intimate you want to be. Morgans are pretty good for a small party. If you want a separate room though try the Western, Prospect Hill, Crowes, Monroes. De Burgos used to be great, don't know story now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Kings Head, Buskers, Front Door. They much of a much and close to town. Don't think they charge for booking an upstairs room anymore. But if you don't ask, they will!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

MargeS wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest some where in town where you could have a party for about 100 people, dj and probably some food - sandwiches etc. I know Busker Browns have a venue on their 3rd floor - just looking it up on their website. I need to contact them and see if it can be sectioned off from the main pub.
    But I guess I'd be looking for somewhere similar... any suggestions? :confused:

DeBurgeos, you can have the space all to yourself any night of the week if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭cheekay

what about fagans..with 100 people it woud feel nice and busy without it being crowded.nice venue,dj's grand,all free.

buskers have a room upstairs reserved for the party but he party can join the pub.perfect for party of 100

skeff,kings head and de burgos are good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

Victoria hotel do a number of options......restaurant or old nightclub can be hired at a good rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

An Pucan has a disco upstairs which would fit 100 easy, has bar. Don't know how much to rent but I've been there for functions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I think the Ruby room in The kings head only holds 50. The Town hall are worth looking into. I tried the museum but they only do launches and "daytime" do's.

The Rowing club in Woodquay is always a good bet. THe college bar in NUIG could be worth a try too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

txs all for the suggestions, I have somewhere to start now. Anyone ever a party in the Victoria hotel, if so what did they think?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

MargeS wrote: »
    txs all for the suggestions, I have somewhere to start now. Anyone ever a party in the Victoria hotel, if so what did they think?

I've attended a couple. If the ambience of an old night club is what you're looking for, head on over. The staff were very strict about serving residents only from the dot of 12:30 (I think that was the time) - didn't flash the lights to warn folks either.

Not bad. Just not great either.

Advertisement