Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys policy with floor model clearance

Options
  • 02-08-2009 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I went into currys looking for a certain make and model of fridge freezer. Saw the one I wanted and asked could I buy a fresh boxed fridge freezer as the display one had damage on the front. I was told I had to buy the display model as they won't order a fresh one until the display one is sold :rolleyes:
    Needless to say I left and ended up buying a fresh boxed unit from another retailer.

I thought this was strange. The floor model was discounted because of the damage but I offered to pay the non discounted price for a fresh one.
    Bit stupid of them I thought, they lost the sale of the f/f plus they lost the sale of tv as I was looking for a tv too.

Neil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

If they're selling the display model it's probably an end of line model. This is pretty common practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

eamon234 wrote: »
    If they're selling the display model it's probably an end of line model. This is pretty common practice.

Nope, current model that was in stock with the distributor in Dublin. The other retailer I bought from had the f/f for me the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

they were trying to unload damaged stock on whoever would take it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

eamon234 wrote: »

If thats the case they should have said " we are only selling the display model because its a end of line model" Surly that would be better practice.

Advertisement