Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IDA Industrial Estate Noise Pollution

• 02-08-2009 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

I guess its only really come to my attention recently; but has anybody else noticed the noise that comes from the IDA industrial estates at night time.

The intermittent hum of what I assume to be machinery is quite annoying living near it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Terry Cotta

I'm from up the road from the estate and if I'm sleeping at home I love that hum. After all these years its sort of soothing :) Its much more noticeable on cold winter nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Mini

I'm not far from the estate and it not the constant hum that I hear from the factories - maybe i am just used to it.

But the only noise pollution I notice this side of the town is the guys/girls in their car - burning rubber.

I am sure that quick fit are making a fortune from some of these people!

that is the noise pollution that is crazy and something should be done about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

I'm from up the road from the estate and if I'm sleeping at home I love that hum. After all these years its sort of soothing :) Its much more noticeable on cold winter nights.

Was thinking the same before opening this thread. I think its relaxing :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

People who live in cities and then move to the countyside often say they have a hard time sleeping initially cos its so quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Jayeire wrote: »
    I guess its only really come to my attention recently; but has anybody else noticed the noise that comes from the IDA industrial estates at night time.

The intermittent hum of what I assume to be machinery is quite annoying living near it.

no offence but if its that annoying... move.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

robtri wrote: »
    no offence but if its that annoying... move.....

Thank you for that extremely helpful piece of advice....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

whats un helpful....

you stated that the noise from the IDA was annoying....

As this is an Industrial estate with full planning permission for the activities that happen to make the sound you find annoying, therefore it is logical to assume that you won't be able to have this sound stopped.

Therefore if its thats annoying, the best option for you would be to move.
    especially in light that you find it most annoying at night, this could potentially lead to sleepless nights and lack of sleep plays a huge part in mental health issues....

so my advice IMO was sound .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Agreed. The humming sound isn't a recent phenomenon.

Advertisement