Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Skerries....commute by car?

Options
  • 02-08-2009 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am thinking of moving to skerries to live. I work in Park West and was wondering how long it takes to drive using the M1 and the M50 if I start at 8am?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you start about 06:15 you should make it.
    It is not a commute I envy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

50-60 would so a lot i think

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You can do it in just under an hour in non rush hour traffic but no way during rush hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 catmando

surely, it would not take 1hr 45 mins????where are the delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you left at 8, you'd have delays at:
    Lissenhall/M50
    Slow through Swords & Airport
    M50/M1 Junction
    M1 through to Mad Cow
    Shouldn't be too bad after you get past the Mad Cow

I've had to do that trip a few times & always left Skerries around 6:30. Took me only 35 mins. But leaving at 8:00 - no way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 catmando

I would start work at 8am ... may be leave at 7am?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

catmando wrote: »
    I would start work at 8am ... may be leave at 7am?:)

Try 6:45 and see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

the M50 works will reduce travel time when they come online.
    the M1/M50 freeflow and 4 lanes to Blanch will have few delays compared to now.
    An extra lane is opening and closing depending on the day on the M50 from M1 to Ballymun, this will open permenently soon, the M1/M50 slip lane has some tarmac up to the bridge,
    these improvements will leave Lissenhall to the Airport as the main delay.

Advertisement