Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAG / Lugworms

Options
  • 02-08-2009 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Ok People never done this before and thought it might be interesting so where would anyone recommend I go to dig up some Rag /Lugworms I was told the lug are not in season when I went to bait shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

it depends on what part of the country your from.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭.Ger

dublin would be the nearest coastline,

i know getting to know the tidetables of high and low tides and look for some kind of markinging on the sand and to dig with a fork, but what im not sure on is does it matter where you dig, is there some coasstline not produce much or small rag iv read sandymount is a good spot , but lug i dont have a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sickofcats

No Idea about the lug / rags

But I find this link handy it should refresh everyday bookmark it for tide timetables

http://www.irishtimes.com/weather/tides.html

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

were are you based in Dublin?

• Advertisement

peterk19 wrote: »
    were are you based in Dublin?

Im living in portlaoise, but from clondalkin, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

ok try sandymount for lug *look for the worm casts and dig, and under the wooden bridge at dollymount for rag and along the rocks on the bull wall there for lug too on a low tied bring a fork theres almost always someone else there on a low tied so you can get an idea of how close to the dig to the channel by watching them

Thanks, il give that a try over the weekend

Advertisement