Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you think

• 02-08-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

It's true ?

Jc on top gear made a valid point, that car like that Aston he was driving could eventually not be aloud ... plus the uncertain economic times where all having etc, makes things difficult.

Do you think the super car company's are going to start limiting production and or stop making them all together from pressures from the new world order sorry I mean EU?

Thinking back 5 years ago there are so many car's that I want and would love to own. Some of these makes may never, exist again its a shame like technology has gone so far with in the realms of engineering where truly awe inspiring cars have been made.

Yet we may have to wait ten maybe more for such cars to be made again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That same argument was made by more than one journalist when they first drove the then-new Mercedes 450SEL 6.9. As a general principle, I wouldn't pay too much attention to what Clarkson says - his business is low-brow entertainment, nothing more.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I doubt it. The rich like the poor we will always have with us and they want something outrageous and unique.

The oil reserve situation may hit, but not for a long time, regardless of what the sandal wearers say. Even if it did we have electric cars which can be made very fast. If they get hydrogen cars working, well bang for buck aint in it. Majorly more power than a petrol engine and nada but water out the exhausts. Even if we get shot of the overweight V12's and the rest, by looking at advanced polymers and all that, you could get the same performance with a much less powerful engine. As Colin Chapman(he of Lotus fame) said; "just add lightness".

Then of course you have the classic market. Even if the current manufacturers gave up the ghost there's enough mad crazy cars already out there which would still be running. So if you got something nice, rust proof it.:)(though I don't think much of waxoyl though I'll say it her and not in the classics forum;):D)

Make that same aston from carbonfibre/kevlar, ditch the sat nav and all that bollox and you could knock off a fair few horseys under the bonnet for the same if not better effect(though I have to admit to being a lightness/pare it down to basics freak. And I do mean freak :D)

It was just an emotive way to end the current run of Top Gear and Jezzer does simplistic emotive very very well.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Don't blame the EU.

Blame the Green Parties who seem to be getting into government all over Europe. Just look what they have done in Switzerland.

They claimed that exhaust fumes were killing trees :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

They claimed that exhaust fumes were killing trees :rolleyes:
    Ahhh hippies, being misinformed idiots since around 1966. Don't ya just luv em? As the punks said, never trust a hippie. They're now droning on about electric cars. Yea fine, but since the leccy mostly comes from the traditional fossil fuel burning power stations, the wind power lark is an add on not a solution and the hippies hate the oul nuclear...... Do not get me started. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

wibbs

aston with a v12 carbon Kevlar, to quote there turtle "You've got serous thrill issues dude" that could have it own spechil insane sticker :cool:
    I agree it just It worrying like ya no with everything else falling apart now a days ya gotta wonder in 10 years time will koniegsegg be around, or pagini ? ... but then again if there not it would add a huge amount of Huh to the car...

true tho my classic's, but what would you have?

I don't mind the swiss they maybe against some things but they have a lot of good to :D..GUNS of piste skiing and hele boarding.
    tho the good thing is a least the germans have autobans :D and the ring...

I think i got caught up in the moment :o damm music it got me i nearly welled up :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Wibbs wrote: »
    Ahhh hippies, being misinformed idiots since around 1966. Don't ya just luv em? As the punks said, never trust a hippie. They're now droning on about electric cars. Yea fine, but since the leccy mostly comes from the traditional fossil fuel burning power stations, the wind power lark is an add on not a solution and the hippies hate the oul nuclear...... Do not get me started. :D

Please do get started. That's already one of the better rants I've seen on here in ages :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Im not so sure he was talking about fast cars.....I suspected that it was just a nod to him maybe finishing up on Top Gear.....:eek: or maybe that Top Gear itself was finished :eek::eek::eek:. The way he said good night really spooked me :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Im not so sure he was talking about fast cars.....I suspected that it was just a nod to him maybe finishing up on Top Gear.....:eek: or maybe that Top Gear itself was finished :eek::eek::eek:. The way he said good night really spooked me :cool:

I doubt it very much.

By all accounts, Lewis Hamilton was supposed to have done a dry lap for the finale but the track was constantly wet and he didn't get a chance.

I think this was cobbled together in a rush to fill the last 5 minutes. Basically a nice rant. Clarkson trying to rally the troops to get Brown out etc etc. He was even going onto Leno about speed cameras and CCTV.

Advertisement