Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions - new cars

• 02-08-2009 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,

I am considering changing my car and came up with the following list I would considering trading against:
    1. AUDI A3 1.4 TFSI S TRONIC AMBITION SPORTBACK 5 dr (€33,390 without added options) - colour: white.
    2. Volkswagen Golf 1.4 TSI DSG 160 BHP HIGHLINE (€28,790 without added options) - colour: white.
    3. Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI DSG RS 5 dr Estate (€34,495 without added options) - colour: silver.
    4. Subaru Impreza 2.0TD RS 5 dr (€30,995 without added options) - colour: white.
    5. Subaru Legacy 2.0 TD SRF 5 dr Estate (€29,795 without added options) - colour: silver.
    Opinions are welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Nice list, all quite cool except the Golf and A3:D

Standard impreza is the best value out of the lot.20k and just add your own alloys and body kit yourself.Paying 10k for those extras is a joke!!

I love the Leon Cupra FR, very rare here unlike the others mentioned.2.0t 200bhp Dsg are 34k here.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k154/BicketsSEAT/Picture2022.jpg

I would buy this for 16k and keep the change for fuel.Zoom Zoom:P

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200919192736559

It has almost super car power:pac: It destroys everything on that list for half the price, power to weight ratio of 5.84 Kg, Audi A3 ( lightest and quickest of the lot ) is 9.35kg :eek:

Comparison with A3 1.8tfsi 160bhp

http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel1388-1852.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OP, are you specifically looking for an auto (DSG/multitronic etc)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cupidstuntII

Confab wrote: »
    OP, are you specifically looking for an auto (DSG/multitronic etc)?

From the A3/Golf/Octavia - yes, my preference is DSG/multitronic.
    I was impressed with the gearbox from the new Impreza. I haven't driven the new Legacy yet.

I'm driving an automatic at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

get a scirocco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Nice list, all quite cool except the Golf and A3:D

Standard impreza is the best value out of the lot.20k and just add your own alloys and body kit yourself.Paying 10k for those extras is a joke!!

I love the Leon Cupra FR, very rare here unlike the others mentioned.2.0t 200bhp Dsg are 34k here.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k154/BicketsSEAT/Picture2022.jpg

I like that :cool:tho the mirrors would have that checker flag thing removed eww, thats like tacky :(

• Advertisement

Sqaull20 wrote: »

The Leon Cupra FR looks nice and the Mazda 3 MPS is good value but I don't require the performance from either of them. A waste on the roads over here (in my opinion).

get a scirocco

They are nice but I need a 4 door/estate.

With pictures...

Audi A3
    getdealerimage.asp?VehID=1028622&SubID=88782&ImgID=1

Skoda Octavia
    no-image-large.gif

Subaru Impreza
    no-image-large.gif

Subaru Legacy
    SWagon%202%20copy.jpg

VW Golf VI
    1092582-6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

The Legacy estate is much better value than the Octavia estate. The Impreza is a great car, but RS version is far too overpriced when you consider that it's €10,000 on "extras" that don't really mount to much. The standard Impreza diesel at just over 20k is the best value car on the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, did you look at the Mazda 6 estate?

mazda_6_estate_2009_001.jpg

Mazda Mazda6 2.2 D 125PS ESTATE EXECUTIVE SE 5 dr Es - €31,645

Mazda Mazda6 2.2 D 163PS ESTATE SPORT 5 dr Es - €32,645

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    OP, did you look at the Mazda 6 estate?

Mazda Mazda6 2.2 D 125PS ESTATE EXECUTIVE SE 5 dr Es - €31,645

Mazda Mazda6 2.2 D 163PS ESTATE SPORT 5 dr Es - €32,645

I had a loan of the Mazda6 (2.0 Diesel I believe it was) last year for a couple of days. Nice engine but I could not get comfortable with the drivers seat - really put me off getting a Mazda6. Pity! But it is something I need to consider due to lower back problems :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I had a loan of the Mazda6 (2.0 Diesel I believe it was) last year for a couple of days. Nice engine but I could not get comfortable with the drivers seat - really put me off getting a Mazda6. Pity! But it is something I need to consider due to lower back problems :mad:

...apologies for flogging an old horse, here, but there's another couple of reason's you don't want a Mazda 6 diesel, and any price:
    Reason No. 1
    and, closer to home....
    Reason No. 2

My neighbour just got one of those Legacy estates - gorgeous car - can't fault the value, tbh. Ditto on the Impreza in the size down - but get a good colour (i.e. not silver, black etc...)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Bit over budget and a bit underpowered, but if you want something that's a bit different, have you considered a Saab 93 or 93 estate?

Edit: Thought they were 120bhp but they're actually 150 so it might me a contender

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200840190252142

or

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200919192714844 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Bit over budget and a bit underpowered, but if you want something that's a bit different, have you considered a Saab 93 or 93 estate?

Edit: Thought they were 120bhp but they're actually 150 so it might me a contender

:rolleyes:..my van has 200bhp.....:P

galwaytt wrote: »
    My neighbour just got one of those Legacy estates - gorgeous car - can't fault the value, tbh. Ditto on the Impreza in the size down - but get a good colour (i.e. not silver, black etc...)

I consider white to be a good colour on the new Impreza :)
    I need to test drive the new Legacy to compare against the Impreza.
    Also need to test drive all the other models!

DJ Hafez wrote: »

I definitely prefer the look of the Saab 93 Estate and with that spec too.

Looks to be over my budget unfortunately. Depends on the deal I am offered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

35 grand there's a lot you can get for that sort of money second hand, what about a honda accord areodeck (posh word for a estate.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...apologies for flogging an old horse, here, but there's another couple of reason's you don't want a Mazda 6 diesel, and any price:
    Reason No. 1
    and, closer to home....
    Reason No. 2

Irrelevant post, that engine is no more in the Mazda range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

take the legacy estate for a test drive....I did and was sold.
    I got one last Friday in Diamond Grey for €27.5k cash so bargains there to be had. Like galwaytt says, stay away from the silver or blacks...

I wasn't impressed with the build quality of the interior of the Impreza. Plus the boot is tiny and for the money the Legacy is a far better spec'd machine and looks better aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    take the legacy estate for a test drive....I did and was sold.
    I got one last Friday in Diamond Grey for €27.5k cash so bargains there to be had. Like galwaytt says, stay away from the silver or blacks...

I wasn't impressed with the build quality of the interior of the Impreza. Plus the boot is tiny and for the money the Legacy is a far better spec'd machine and looks better aswell

Make a contribution:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055639441&page=6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

EPM wrote: »

no pictures taken yet...should have taken them when it came straight from the showroom as I doubt it will ever look as clean again :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

+1 on the legacy.

gotta knock the A3 off the list. Daylight Robbery!!!

Advertisement