Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spark plug change- 2006 renault megane

• 02-08-2009 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Servicin a mates car for him- no haynes manual for it- Spark plug change the basic usual on that car???-did a corsa for the uncle was like nasa!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

You are servicing cars for people and you have to come on here and ask how to do something as basic as changing spark plugs.

Are you going to pay for any damage you do to these peoples cars its one thing doing your own but someone elses is a differant story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Servicin a mates car for him- no haynes manual for it- Spark plug change the basic usual on that car???-did a corsa for the uncle was like nasa!:)

Ahh now a corsa isn't rocket science :D (if you excuse the pun)

Some of the newer small engined french cars are using a much smaller size spark plug, like something you'd get on a lawn mower... check the pugs you buy and make sure you've got the correct size deep socket to take them out and in correctly...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What exactly are you doing in this "service"? With all due respect, it sounds like you have no idea of what you are at - are you sure that you should be doing this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Hard to know wtf you are looking for from your original post but I'm imagining it's what plugs to use, if not please tell us know wtf you want to know, here's a good site for knowing what plugs to use
    http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭jonathan11

make sure and tighten them enough, but not too much. I didn't tighten enough and ended up setting my ignition leads on fire ! :eek: It could have been much worse thou. Would recommend a torque wrench to get the correct tightness

• Advertisement

Grand advice but the OP would be be better off investing in the Haynes before the torque wrench (no point having a torque wrench if you don't know the torque of the item youre tightening)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

You are servicing cars for people and you have to come on here and ask how to do something as basic as changing spark plugs.

Are you going to pay for any damage you do to these peoples cars its one thing doing your own but someone elses is a differant story.

Jesus-theres some real idiots on this forum- i want to know is it the usual easy job or do the renaults have a coils etc in the way-ffs useless! Its done now took 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

I got what you meant op..some people just want an arguement..:rolleyes:..the megane has seperate coils for each plug, remove the 10mm bolt holding each coil pack in and you'll see the plug, ..easy peasy..;)

Jesus-theres some real idiots on this forum- i want to know is it the usual easy job or do the renaults have a coils etc in the way-ffs useless! Its done now took 5 minutes.
    Your almost incoherent post mentioned how working on a corsa "was like nasa" and you asked if the spark plug was the "basic usual".
    When people (including myself) take this literally and suggest (in the interest of your mates car) to leave it alone or at least read up first you come on here and call us idiots? :rolleyes:
    If you were wondering if the Renaults use coils then why didn't you ask that instead of typing drunkenly and then getting offended at the responses!
    Lastly, if you need a haynes manual for a spark plug change then maybe you shouldn't be doing the task!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

The op asked a simple straight forward question, not dragged out like most, and just because YOU dont understand it you have a go at him and tell him to leave it alone....thats very helpful to the guy, i think not...bet he's glad he asked now, ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I thought the OP sounded a bit dense on the first read, but on reading it again it's possible to see that he's familiar with servicing car. Very confusing sentence structure tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

And I stand by what I said if you have to come on here and ask how to change plugs on a run of the mill car you shouldnt be doing it.

I have no problem helping anyone out on here but if they ask basic questions like the one asked and go on about changing plugs in a corsa like its rocket science they shouldnt be doing those jobs.

Now if a plug was to break in the plug hole or something like that seeing as its not your car are you going to pay to have the car repaired.

If it was your car and something happens well then thats just tough.

By the way did you get paid for "servicing " those two cars?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

kbannon and martinr5232 have a valid point OP. I too read your post and thought wth is this guy doing, spark plugs on a corsa are like NASA? Seriously I thought from your origional post that you shouldn't be looking under a bonnet let alone doing work for other people.

Then you come across super defensive like you didnt make a complete arse of your origional post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

havin been on here a good bit, i stick by the others, from the post it looked like the op had the mental age of a 14 yr old

no offence, if the op had a specific issue re: coils etc, he should have said so, if a spark plug change goes wrong, i wouldnt like it to be on my car.

the lingo was more suited for after hours rather than a serious petrol head question.

I am very impressed with all the mods and posters on here, they tend to be accurate and concise

not rocket science...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

The op has been answered so I'll stop this descending further now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement