If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humax FoxSat in Dublin?

• 02-08-2009 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I was looking at your site and came across FoxSat. I have a sky dish and all of the free stuff on it. We cancelled the subscription to sky when we changed over to UPC.
    If i get a FOXSAT,
    1.) Will it work in dublin
    2.) What's the difference with it and a sky box without a subscription. When you say ITV HD will i get that in dublin?

This freesat HD box simply connects to a satellite dish and provides up to 140 free channels including BBC1 HD and ITV HD (in certain areas) while providing a whole plethora of other TV and radio channels. The Dish needs to be pointed in the same direction as Sky tv and an HDMI conneciton is required on the TV.

To make the most of this new service, the Humax Foxsat-HD makes the ideal choice. As the name suggests, the Foxsat-HD is able to receive HD TV stations and will therefore make the most of HD Ready TVs. With up to 5 times the picture detail, HD TV images offer stunning realism, whatever the genre.

As you'd expect from one of the leading manufacturers of set-top boxes, the Humax freesat HD has a very high spec. The HDMI output resolves up to 1080i, whilst there's also component and SCART for those without an HDMI-equipped TV. A digital output allows you to connect the set-top box to a home cinema system and get digital sound quality to match the picture. With automatic software upgrades, a full colour electronic program guide and Ethernet support, the Foxsat-HD is easy to use and comprehensively equipped for the future.

For an introduction to the pleasures of freesat, the Humax Foxsat-HD makes a compelling choice.

freesat and the freesat logo are the registered trade marks of Freesat (UK) Ltd

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Brian,

yes Freesat works fine in Dublin (as the 100's of boardies who have already bought Freesat will tell you)!

Freesat has a similiar channel line up to a Sky box without a card plus some extra channels (see full list on www.freesat.co.uk ) However of course the main difference is that it is HD capable and any channels broadcast in HD will look rather a lot better on your HD TV than standard off air broadcasts.

If you want to really get into it, Boards has one of the most informative threads on Satellite and there are several experts who will be able to keep you up to date on all the ins and outs of Freesat - see the thread here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

If yo need any other assistance or if you have any specific queries - please just drop me a line & I'll do my best to reply,

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Hi John

Does this box have a terrestial tuner also and if so is it MPEG4.

Thanks a million and apologies if this has been answered before but I couldnt find a reference

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

None of the Foxsat's have digital terrestrial tuners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

As Byte states, the freesat boxes only have freesat tuners in them and not terrestial tuners.

If you wish to get ITV HD, you have to enter a UK postcode, not a Nothern Ireland one as there is some disagreement between ITV and UTV.

If you have any other queries, please drop us a line.

Cheers

Dave

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If you wish to get ITV HD, you have to enter a UK postcode, not a Nothern Ireland one as there is some disagreement between ITV and UTV.
    Just to note, that even with NI postcode, it is now possible to watch ITVHD.

You have to go to channel 977, which is ITV1 London (and then press Red button whenever a HD simulcast is available).

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

byte wrote: »
    Just to note, that even with NI postcode, it is now possible to watch ITVHD.

You have to go to channel 977, which is ITV1 London (and then press Red button whenever a HD simulcast is available).

Thanks Byte - good work as ever (which is why we keep on sending Boardies over to your Forum for the great advice!)

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.