Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO offers - how they work **

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Nemanrio wrote: »
    So how long would I be looking at roughly? 3 weeks? 6 weeks?

Cheers

From looking at some of the colleges websites, they say they send them out 2-3 days after acceptance....so i'd say for those they should be out next week? It depends on the uni tho, have a look at their website :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

From looking at some of the colleges websites, they say they send them out 2-3 days after acceptance....so i'd say for those they should be out next week? It depends on the uni tho, have a look at their website :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Tbh, if you got your points anyway, why would you bother?

Unless you really feel hard done by in a particular subject? And in that case, if you're so certain that you should have done better, you're at the very least unlikely to be deluding yourself to the point where you are likely to be downgraded (which happens in a tiny number of cases). Whether you actually get upgraded is a different matter.

But again ... if you got what you want ...

Well I was only thinking about it because I had been feeling very hard done by in a few subjects, but looking back I think I deserved all my results bar english. I'll have a look at my scripts and decide then, though fear of losing my course is really stopping me from appealing.... So, most prolly, I won't do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Jay P wrote: »
    I'll have a look at my scripts and decide then, though fear of losing my course is really stopping me from appealing.... So, most prolly, I won't do anything.
    Get someone to look at them with you, preferably a teacher who also examines in the subject and would have a fair idea whether it's worth appealing or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Is it ok for me to accept my offer but then make my decision when regestration comes around as i am not sure still whether to do this course or something else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 A2B

I was just wondering when is the Available Place Courses come out? is it in the 2nd round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

A2B wrote: »
    I was just wondering when is the Available Place Courses come out? is it in the 2nd round?

Its here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jelomulawin

omg, u sure? i accepted what was offered to me on the very first day, straight around 6:22am, yet i'm still not receiving any registration/orientation pack, whatever's supposed to be given to me, 'cept the receipt...i'm worried now the college won't let me go there...see, it's ironic, i was offered a physics course, yet i failed hl physics...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

The acceptance date didn't close until 25th. 3-4 days after the 25th means either Friday or Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jelomulawin

oh, ok :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 A2B

Thnks.
    I have a question! I know it could be stupid!!
    I accepted the first round offer,and I accepted the the second round offer so the fist offer lapsed. I'm applied now for available places for a course that I'm 100% sure I would like.
    will I still get an offer for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cheesydoodles

Skyuser wrote: »
    The acceptance date didn't close until 25th. 3-4 days after the 25th means either Friday or Monday.

This may sound like a dumb question but..do you get the offers via e-mail??

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

This may sound like a dumb question but..do you get the offers via e-mail??
    No you get them on cao.ie and check your application, you only get an email telling you that you accepted it, or changed course choices before the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Please use this year's thread (top of forum) ... ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement