Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mike65 what a....

Options
  • 03-08-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

excellent mod he would make in a never ending amount of forums here

why isn't it so?

he's around 8 years or so post count i think only victor surpasses.

one of the most level headed and intelligent posters on boards.

why isn't he a mod?

sort it out.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The tech-heads at boards.ie are working on ways of making a user a moderator of a specific user. We're talking moderating at grass-roots level here, folks. It works by selecting a user to become a uMod, and the privileges include having edit control over a specific users posts. Letting the users moderate themselves seems like a very fair way of controlling a large userbase.

Afair the techie-bods of boards are needing users to help beta-test this uMod VBulletin Mod. You don't mind mike65 having uMod control over you to test it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

lol sign me up!

I would prefer him as my personal mod than half the twits installed currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ntlbell wrote: »
    lol sign me up!

I would prefer him as my personal mod than half the twits installed currently.

LOL.

History repeats itself.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Gordon wrote: »
    The tech-heads at boards.ie are working on ways of making a user a moderator of a specific user. We're talking moderating at grass-roots level here, folks. It works by selecting a user to become a uMod, and the privileges include having edit control over a specific users posts. Letting the users moderate themselves seems like a very fair way of controlling a large userbase.

Afair the techie-bods of boards are needing users to help beta-test this uMod VBulletin Mod. You don't mind mike65 having uMod control over you to test it right?

Are you serious???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

One can only wish. That sounds cool :) I nominate Beruthiel to be super user moderator of Pighead.

• Advertisement

Are you serious???

Yes and I'm being made mod of personal issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

He used to be a mod but gave it up.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He used to be a mod but gave it up.

was that not of one of those community fora's tho?

or am i thinking of someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

:eek: Nobody has pointed out that he's the one who has the most posts on this site, not silly Victor!

Jay P wrote: »
    :eek: Nobody has pointed out that he's the one who has the most posts on this site, not silly Victor!

I rest my case!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

why isn't he a mod?

He was mod of Infrastructure up until August 2008 and decided to give it up. I'm sure he'd be most welcome if he decided to come back but that's really up to mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have modded

Motors
    Classic Cars (the other vehiculer stuff didn't exist back in the day)
    Waterford City, County, South East.
    Infrastructure
    Astronomy and Space (big job that one)

at various times. Then I got bored with checking other poeples poop for nasty things. Occasionally I get an itchy tigger finger but it passes :)

mike65 wrote: »
    I have modded

Motors
    Classic Cars (the other vehiculer stuff didn't exist back in the day)
    Waterford City, County, South East.
    Infrastructure
    Astronomy and Space (big job that one)

at various times. Then I got bored with checking other poeples poop for nasty things. Occasionally I get an itchy tigger finger but it passes :)

As you can tell, I'd make a poor stalker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

mike65 wrote: »
    Occasionally I get an itchy tigger finger but it passes :)

Yes, I can see it now...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 - What a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Gordon wrote: »

I shall start my campaign :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I vote for Snyper

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

post count

quantity over quality tbh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

quantity over quality tbh.

Are you suggesting that old mike has poor quality posts?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

WWM is my number one fan

misery-kathy-bates_l.jpg

NOT!

No, I was merely suggesting that just becuase someone has a high post count doesnt mean that they are worth listening to.

Besides, Mike knows I highly regard his one-liner golden nuggets of social commentry.

No, I was merely suggesting that just becuase someone has a high post count doesnt mean that they are worth listening to.

Besides, Mike knows I highly regard his one-liner golden nuggets of social commentry.

I wasn't suggesting he was worth listening to on the amount, I think I mentioned the intelligent part and for someone to have such a high post count were a lot of the posts are interesting/funny etc is rare.

Whilst a number of other mods yourself included just talk a lot of badly spelt rubbish and think they're funny because they get a "lol" from the old crowd of the late 90's

You're awesome.

I wasn't suggesting he was worth listening to on the amount, I think I mentioned the intelligent part and for someone to have such a high post count were a lot of the posts are interesting/funny etc is rare.

Whilst a number of other mods yourself included just talk a lot of badly spelt rubbish and think they're funny because they get a "lol" from the old crowd of the late 90's

You're awesome.

Indeed.

Many thanks for your intellectual argument, and for missing the point, and for proving mine.

Move along now, Im sure Mike is happy that he has you as a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Whilst a number of other mods yourself included just talk a lot of badly spelt rubbish and think they're funny
    Surely not, if that was the case he would be put on ignore by a number of users! Just like users may get put on ignore too, any old user, you for example, well it's possible isn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement