Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

San Miguel

Options
  • 03-08-2009 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Had a bottle a few weeks ago when i had a massive hangover and thought it was disgusting. Just had a bottle of it there as a night-cap:p and i thought it was lovely. Nice and smooth with no bitter after-taste. So what do ye make of the stuff?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I have never drank San Miguel over here but whenever i'm in Spain, it's my beer of choice. Nice beer (especially in hot weather) but average, doesn't have too much character to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Timistry wrote: »
    Had a bottle a few weeks ago when i had a massive hangover and thought it was disgusting.
    A massive hangover from 1 bottle? or is this the usual "bad burger syndrome",

i.e. "I had 12 pint of my usual as normal, and then a burger and woke up in bits, must've been the burger" ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

San Miguel is pretty bland but it's not a bad tasting beer.

I drink it while in spain as it costs feck all.

40oz bottle for €1.20 in any local shop, I'll have that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 FallingDown

If you're drinking beer in spain check out cruz campo,its the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

hard to know, had in spain a few years ago, thought it was muck to be honest, but to be fair, i had been drinking a load of heiniken, and various shots, before hand.

had it a few months ago along with a curry and loved it

so next time i go to spain will try it sober

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

check out cruz campo,its the best.
    Awful beer. Like drinking a can of sweetcorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mahou - a Madrid brewery, produce the best beer in Spain

BeerNut wrote: »
    Awful beer. Like drinking a can of sweetcorn.

everyone has different tastes,
    Can you name a nicer tasting one???and dont say sm.

Can you name a nicer tasting one???
    From Spain? I don't know a whole lot about Spanish beer, but the best two I've had were Iberian Stout by La Cervesera Artesana and the Rubia maerzen lager made for El Vaso De Oro, both in Barcelona.

Heading to Madrid next month so I'll be in a better position to comment then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I spent a summer in Spain and I have to say San Miguel was my fave by far. Nice crisp tasting beer, and at 54c a can (in 2004), easy on the wallet.

F*ckin hated Mahou and Cruzcampo but that's just me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

From Spain? I don't know a whole lot about Spanish beer, but the best two I've had were Iberian Stout by La Cervesera Artesana and the Rubia maerzen lager made for El Vaso De Oro, both in Barcelona.

Beer Nut, if you're a beer.... nut you might want to check out Naturbier in Plaza St Ana in Madrid. A bar with it's very own micro-brewery on site.

But did you ever taste cruz campo,(or just read internet reviews)guinness owns it,
    I got it in the south of spain.

greendom wrote: »
    you might want to check out Naturbier in Plaza St Ana in Madrid.
    It's on the list, cheers.
    But did you ever taste cruz campo
    Tasted it, reviewed it, and put a link further up in this thread.

Advertisement