Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you 'let out' your anger

2»

Comments

KTRIC wrote: »
    I beat his redheaded stepchild
    is your avator the face the redheaded child makes when beaten?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Isn't boards the perfect place to let out your anger? :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

I destroy something, kill a few prostitutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

*SERENITY NOW!*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Shoot some zombies.

Well shooting anything really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

is your avator the face the redheaded child makes when beaten?

No, thats me when I'm going a little Craaazzzzzzzzy :pac:

KTRIC wrote: »
    No, thats me when I'm going a little Craaazzzzzzzzy :pac:
    so ya always try and replicate the :pac: smilie when you go crazy?! its like a perfect match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

raah! wrote: »
    Apparantly it's less "healthy" to let it out than to keep it in. That is, people who release their anger more, are more likely to be more angry. Pseudo-scientific studies have 'proved' it. This information comes from an episode of "pen and teller's something or other" I saw last night, so perhaps it's not so reliable. But then neither are many of the findings of psychologists :)
    No, people will feel angry no matter what, whether they keep it in or what. Keeping it in isj ust more frustrating. Stupid psychologists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

jumpguy wrote: »
    No, people will feel angry no matter what, whether they keep it in or what. Keeping it in isj ust more frustrating. Stupid psychologists.

here here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

A game of Astro football. Kick the ball as hard as ye can a few times, and kick a few shins. A few lunging tackles, no malicious intent obviously. Aaaaah, thats better.

I sometimes have to lie down in bed for 30 mins to 'cool off'. My mind feels mangled and tangled and a lie down de-tangled my brain bits.

Kev.
    (In lovely form today, its sunny and I'm off work)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

All depends on the level of anger and who/what's around. I'm one of those people who stews for a long time then like a pressure cooker gone wrong I snap. I've shouted at the odd person (then have to apologise :o) and the odd time if I've been really really mad I've thumped or kicked a wall. That tends to hurt though. It takes a lot to make me angry these days though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I head to the Ranting and raving forum, or have a spliff. Both work equally well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

token56 wrote: »
    You need to buy a punching bag, nothing better

Bag that can punch:eek:

Never!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Boxing bag for 10/15mins.
    Bate the sliotar off a wall with the hurl.
    Roar into a pillow.
    :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

i kick things... or break things.
    So many times a game of Fifa has ended with my controller being smashed to bits

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    i kick things... or break things.
    So many times a game of Fifa has ended with my controller being smashed to bits
    I don't understand how people can break their controllers at games! I understand being angry and breaking things, but goddamn I make sure whatever I break doesn't cost €60!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

€45 :P .. and i know its silly but you do get enraged at things when they arent going your way.

miralize wrote: »
    €45 :P .. and i know its silly but you do get enraged at things when they arent going your way.
    Ahh they've come down in price. Yeah I do. I get especially angry at Call of Duty 4. I usually punch the fellow who killed me in the arm (especially if they shoot my just after I respawn). My friends don't like me when I play COD4. When I play online the lack of being able to punch people who kill me drives me insane. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Obviously made up story, but nice if it was true.:pac:

When you occasionally have a really bad day, and you just need to take it out on someone, don't take it out on someone you know - take it out on someone you don't know…]

I was sitting at my desk when I remembered a phone call I had forgotten to make. I found the number and dialed it.
    A man answered, saying, “Hello.”
    I politely said, “This is Jason Braemore. Could I please speak with Rachel Carter?”
    Suddenly, the phone was slammed down on me - I couldn't believe that anyone could be so rude.

I tracked down Rachel's correct number and called her - I had transposed the last two digits of her phone number. After hanging up with her, I decided to call the 'wrong' number again…

When the same guy answered the phone, I yelled, “You're a scumbag!” and hung up.

I wrote his number down with the word 'scumbag' next to it, and put it on my speed dial. Every couple of weeks, when I was paying bills or had a really bad day, I'd call him up and yell, “You're a scumbag!” It always cheered me up!

When Caller ID came to our area, I thought my therapeutic 'scumbag' calling would have to stop. So, I called his number and said, “Hi, this is John Smith from the Telephone Company. I'm just calling to see if you're familiar with the Caller ID program?”
    He yelled, “NO!” and slammed the phone down.
    I quickly called him back and said, “That's because you're a scumbag!”

One day I was at the store, getting ready to pull into a parking spot. Some guy in a black BMW cut me off and pulled into the spot I had patiently waited for. I hit the horn and yelled that I had been waiting for the spot. The idiot ignored me. I noticed a “For Sale” sign in his car window… so I wrote down his number.

A couple of days later, right after calling the first scumbag, I thought I had better call the BMW scumbag too.
    I said, “Is this the man with the black BMW for sale?” “Yes, it is.” “Can you tell me where I can see it?” “Yes, I live at 1969 West 35th Street. It's a yellow house, and the car's parked right out in front.” “What's your name?” I asked.
    “My name is Don Hanson,” he said.
    “When's a good time to catch you, Don?” “I'm home every evening after five.” “Listen, Don, can I tell you something?” “Yes?” “Don, you're a scumbag.”
    Then I hung up, and added his number to my speed dial. Now, when I had a problem, I had two scumbags to call…

But after several months of calling them, it wasn't as enjoyable as it used to be. So, I came up with an idea. I called Scumbag #1…
    “Hello.” “You're a scumbag!” (But I didn't hang up…)
    “Are you still there?” he asked.
    “Yeah,” I said.
    “Stop calling me,” he screamed.
    “Make me,” I said.
    “Who are you?” he asked.
    “My name is Don Hanson.” “Yeah? Where do you live?” “Scumbag, I live at 1969 West 35th Street, a yellow house, with my black Beamer parked in front.”
    He said, “I'm coming over right now, Don. And you had better start saying your prayers.”
    I said, “Yeah, like I'm really scared, scumbag.”
    Then I called Scumbag #2.
    “Hello?” he said.
    “Hello, scumbag,” I said.
    He yelled, “If I ever find out who you are, I'll…” “You'll what?” I said.
    “I'll kick your ass,” he exclaimed.
    I answered, “Well, scumbag, here's your chance. I'm coming over right now.”

Then I hung up and immediately called the police, saying that I lived at 1969 West 35th Street, and that I was on my way over there to kill my gay lover.

Then I called CKVU Channel 13 News about the gang war going down on West 35th Street.

I quickly got into my car and headed over to 35th Street.

There I saw two scumbags beating the crap out of each other in front of six squad cars, a police helicopter, and news crew.

Now I feel a lot better…

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

beat my redheaded stepchild

hmm i beat redhead haters, it feels good! :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

maameeo wrote: »
    hmm i beat redhead haters, it feels good! :mad::mad::mad:

You can beat me if you want, it feels good:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Back on topic!

Back on topic!
    I know people can talk to themselves but damn, on boards? :P

Thanks for the story galwayrush lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

i generally give out to the person causing it. i dont get mad very often, but im not very good at staying quiet when i do. unless theyre paying me. in which case i take it out on my pets.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

just get into my car or grab my mp3 and listen to some metallica on high.... does the trick for me..... a little dangerous driving while angry and listening to metallica though i have to admit:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

i get a sponge draw a face on it and wring like till it feels good then eggs beans black puddin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Run, long, fast and hard!

Advertisement