Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to save pics etc.??

• 03-08-2009 2:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

My HP laptop, all of a sudden, won't let me save any pics or anything from the net. When i hold the arrow cursor over a photo and right click my mouse, the usual window menu appears on screen. Then when i left click over 'Save image as'.....nothing happens. It was fine untill recently.

Is there a setting in Windows Vista to sort it out??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

My HP laptop, all of a sudden, won't let me save any pics or anything from the net. When i hold the arrow cursor over a photo and right click my mouse, the usual window menu appears on screen. Then when i left click over 'Save image as'.....nothing happens. It was fine untill recently.

Is there a setting in Windows Vista to sort it out??

first thing i would try is rebooting the pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Thanks....but problem sorted.

I was previously saving down to an external hard drive and next time i booted up laptop, nothing......

I had to connect the external drive to it again. Then when i saved anything...select the c: instead. From now on, the menu appears as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i do save to a netword drive sometimes, but if the server is off, the save dialogue takes about 30secs to appear with a drive not detected error

maybe the "time out" is set too high on yours, but i'm not sure how you would change that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Possibly....but i would not be to handy with pc's etc.
    Wonder if XP had that problem......

Advertisement