Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC over Smart?

Options
  • 03-08-2009 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I`d definately stick with smart for customer service and reliability, i wouldnt think twice about it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I have been with UPC since February and haven't had any probs with speed or reliability. Had a minor issue that was sorted within an hour. Customer services have improved imo.

I would recommend. Have had a few isp's over the years and UPC is the only connection i have been truly happy with. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

I'm on UPC Ultra and the speed is fantastic, had one outage since April which lasted 24 hours and their router is a bit flaky but I would still recommend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,201 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I switched from Smart to UPC, mainly because of the speeds.
    I was sorry to leave Smart as I had been with them a long time, despite eircom's best efforts.
    I don't have any problem with UPC - no outages that I noticed - good speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I've been with NTL/UPC for over 4 years now and the customer service is improving - things are still far from perfect, but nowhere near as bad as they were back in the NTL days.

Reliability seems to depend on where you live though. When I was in the city center, I had severe slow downs at peak hours, most likely due to congestion, but where I am now, speed is consistently great, well over 1.5MB down all day long and easily up to 2.3MB on non-peak hours (on the 20Mb package).

Still for the price you pay and what you get, I can't think of any other ISP I'd go for at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rather_b_diving

I'm not a UPC or Smart customer however it seems hard to beat UPC at the moment speeds seem good. That said if you're a gamer your ping times will go up (Smart are pretty good for gaming)

Also if UPC is very popular in your area you could have problems with contention as its a shared resource so a popular product ends up being its own wost enemy.

Advertisement