Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning permission - Change of plans with retention of garage

• 03-08-2009 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi, I've not found a answer to my question searching here so I hope someone can help.
    I have Planning Permission and have build the garage. Now I want a small change (add dormer windows) on front of house, plus the depth of house 1 block less and width of house 1 block more. (this is to prevent a possible legal challenge wrt the plans copyrights that have come to light). The house remains on the exact same spot. I spoke to the planner (Preplanning session) she has no problem with dormer windows but says I must do new application. Speaking to someone else offline he says I can apply for "Change of Plan with retention of existing garage." This is quicker and means no site visit etc.
    Can anyone confirm this or does anyone else have some advice regarding this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

There is a change of plan option. Ring up and ask about it as it may vary from LA to LA, should be much quicker.

Bear in mind, making it one block longer one way, and a block shorter the other way won't have any effect on a legal challenge. If its was copied before then its still copied, regardless of an extra block

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Mellor wrote: »
    There is a change of plan option. Ring up and ask about it as it may vary from LA to LA, should be much quicker.

Bear in mind, making it one block longer one way, and a block shorter the other way won't have any effect on a legal challenge. If its was copied before then its still copied, regardless of an extra block
    +1

But why the retention for the garage, you didn't say it was constructed differently from what was granted planning permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jonilz

Mellor, thanks for confirming this. I designed the house from scratch wrt windows, roof and inner layout but never realized I had used the same footprint size as a bought plan. Probably 100s other houses with same footprint, but I want to cover myself where possible as people are sue-happy right now. The dormer windows is extra as a house shot up next to me with the same design as what I had planned, so I'm want something slightly different.
    (what a great board this is!)

Poor U Tom, or is that rich u Tom ;-), the retention of the garage is probably to show that other work has been carried out that a person wants to retain and all layouts remain unchanged. thx

jonilz wrote: »
    Poor U Tom, or is that rich u Tom ;-), the retention of the garage is probably to show that other work has been carried out that a person wants to retain and all layouts remain unchanged. thx
    If you have planning permission for the garage and it's built accordingly then it does not need retention planning permission, you would just be incurring needless costs.

The origins of my username are more firmly based in the literary world rather then the financial one...;)

• Advertisement

If you have planning permission for the garage and it's built accordingly then it does not need retention planning permission, you would just be incurring needless costs.

The origins of my username are more firmly based in the literary world rather then the financial one...;)

Thanks for that advice, I'll be speaking to the planning dept. in the moring all going well.
    I'm new to using the board, but I must say I have found excellent, usfull info. What a great place with great contributors.
    Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

jonilz wrote: »
    I designed the house from scratch wrt windows, roof and inner layout but never realized I had used the same footprint size as a bought plan. Probably 100s other houses with same footprint, but I want to cover myself where possible as people are sue-happy right now.
    If internals/windows are different then it should be fine.

Do you own a Cabin also?

Mellor wrote: »
    ...Do you own a Cabin also?
    It's more of a hut, and it's on someone else's land..no problem with windows or ventilation here..

Advertisement