Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing the MTU on the motorola netopia router.

• 03-08-2009 4:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭

Having awful difficulty connecting to xbox live, I thought I had it sorted when I opened the NAT, I'm supposed to change the MTU to 1364 but I can't see how to do this on the motorola router homepage. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

There should be no need to change the MTU on your eircom router.

Make sure you forward all of the relevant ports and then set the Netopia firewall level to LOW. It should then work.

It's worth noting that for most ports, you need to set up two forwards for each ports - one for TCP, another for UDP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 coogie200

Kensington wrote: »
    There should be no need to change the MTU on your eircom router.

Make sure you forward all of the relevant ports and then set the Netopia firewall level to LOW. It should then work.

It's worth noting that for most ports, you need to set up two forwards for each ports - one for TCP, another for UDP.

I have been trying to connect to xbox live for days searching the web for solutions with no success, that was until now, fair play to ya Kensington nice one :):):):):):):)

Advertisement