Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst deal I have ever seen

Options
  • 03-08-2009 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

final 3 of the sunday millions, the original payout is

1st: 237,330
    2nd: 174,042
    3rd: 118, 665

chip counts at the split are

sosnoviy: 44,456,312
    shack232: 24,343,808
    almaty.kz: 10,309,880

they call the host and this is the deal that sos suggested and the two others agreed....

sosnoviy: $206610
    shack232:$159489
    almaty.kz:$133937

and they play on for 30k... so if almaty wins... he gets less than 3rd place payout.... wow like!!!

am I wrong in thinking this is absolutly horrible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

insomniak wrote: »

chip counts at the split are

sosnoviy: 44,456,312
    shack232: 24,343,808
    almaty.kz: 10,309,880

they call the host and this is the deal that sos suggested and the two others agreed....

and they play on for 30k... so if almaty wins... he gets less than 3rd place payout.... wow like!!!

Great bit of business by the chip leader but 3rd places maths/ sums are bad.
    Maybe after so many hours play and being maybe a small time player hes happy with 130k still poor dunno what an icm would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

sickpuppy wrote: »
    dunno what an icm would say.

this is what the one sheets made says

SundayMilChop.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

i dont think its the worst deal i ever seen - its hard to know the situation i.e. maybe almaty felt he was getting completely outplayed and also had less chips than the other 2 lads. therefore if he was pretty sure he was going to finish 3rd barring some luckboxing hes just guaranteed himself another 20 grand minimum?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

I was involved in a worse deal good for me though in the fitz last year when the ipo was on .
    3 handed and i have a healthy chip lead and 3rd in chips says to 2nd well split 2nd and 3rd and let mick have first guy instantly agreed was hard too keep a straight face.
    I grudgingly agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

a few years bk i was playing in a pub game and i got head up wit a 3/2 chip deficit 1st 800 and 2nd 400euro, i offered a straight up chop 600each and the guy refused

i then stole a couple of pots and had a 3/2 chip lead and the guy said "you want to chop now kid", i thought he had played so weak i wud play on and he wudn't chop wit me so i refused

all the money went in the next hand A9 vs his KJ and he flopped a boat,

left wit 1.5BB's he said "hey kid you want to chop?" i was like are you taking the mick? he said "chop up the money"

everyone was startled and as was i he basically gave me 200euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Scouser in Dub

There have been worse deals suggested and agreed. During SCOOP one of the HSMTT regs got a deal 3 handed that paid better than 1st. The problem with mltiway deals is that Stars just aggregates the remaing payouts into one pot and divides by chip share. This obv favours players with a significant chip lead, apparently FT have addressed this.

Thing is good deal making is a part of the skillset of a MTTer and as such making good deals is something people have to work on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

There have been worse deals suggested and agreed. During SCOOP one of the HSMTT regs got a deal 3 handed that paid better than 1st. The problem with mltiway deals is that Stars just aggregates the remaing payouts into one pot and divides by chip share. This obv favours players with a significant chip lead, apparently FT have addressed this.

Thing is good deal making is a part of the skillset of a MTTer and as such making good deals is something people have to work on.

How,i didnt think Full Tilt accomodated deal making?
    (Partys deal making system is pretty class btw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

How,i didnt think Full Tilt accomodated deal making?
    (Partys deal making system is pretty class btw)

New software upgrade allows deal making by either (a) chip count (b) ICM (c) decided amounts as well as allowing a certain amount to be dealt & the rest played for.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I've seen that done in the Fitz on more than one occasion fwiw.

Same here. Most dubiously of all, I saw a dealer once suggest it when the beneficiary chipleader was another dealer. And there were 6 left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Tony3004

guy who came fifth in this was eoin kennedy, think he is from cork originally, living in london now 63k

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Its not a good deal. But its not a terribably bad deal either.

after taking 10k from each (depending on which place you are in push for this or more off the top) place to play on for, the ICM of the remainder gives out the following

sosnoviy: $193
    shack232:$169
    almaty.kz:$136

So the guy in second did far worse than the guy in last spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Have I missed the memo where 133K + 30K > 118K???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

lee_arama wrote: »
    Have I missed the memo where 133K + 30K > 118K???

Typo I assume he meant less than the original 2nd place payout

Advertisement