Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pet insurance?

Options
  • 03-08-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Taking into account benefits, price, etc, what's the best company for pet insurance? (for my pug puppy). Vet says petplan is the best, any views/opinions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Petplan, I found, was one of the most expensive companies. Although they do, mostly, pay direct to the vet so you only pay your excess instead of waiting to claim the money back.
    Decide what you want in your policy and price from there. Bear in mind that if your pug has any breed specific ailments (entropian, luxcating pattela[sp] etc) and it suffers from this, then if you move company, the new company will not cover any further treatment for that condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

There are 3 pet insurers: Allianz (PetPlan), Pet Insure and www.123.ie

Pet Insure and www.123.ie are new to the market. Allianz has been around the longest and most vets would have a relationship them.

Pet Insure offers a similar package to Allianz but is slightly cheaper.

www.123.ie is cheaper again and offers a differnt 'slant' in their insurance package. But they have only been on the go for a couple of months. The package 123 offer may suit you as it's different to Allianz, for e.g. (1) The age a dog is considered an OAP and the excess that applies (2) The amount available for vet fees. Check their website for exact details.

I am in the process of getting insurance for my 2 dogs. www.123.ie works out cheaper but I am going to go with Allianz as my local vet deals with them. I am hoping they will offer a better service.

Next year I'll review the situation.

Advertisement