Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy: HalfMoon and CrownTail bettas (Siamese Fighting Fish)

Options
  • 03-08-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Are there any breeders of these types of betta on here? Or has anyone ever seen them for sale anywhere? I've never seen anything other than red and blue VeilTail bettas in the pet shops here.

I really want to start breeding but I don't want to use the garden variety VTs. Has anyone got some HalfMoon or CrownTail bettas for sale? Preferably younger than six months old. Colour is not important, good finnage is what I'm looking for.
    Or has anyone seen them for sale anywhere?

For reference here are pictures of the different tail types that I'm talking about:

Crowntail:

Male.
    CrowntailBetta.jpg
    Females.
    R2-in-1ctf.jpg

Half Moon:

Male.
    betta_splendens_halfmoon_male_16.jpg
    Female. Note how she has much longer fins than other females.
    purplecopperhalfmoonfemalebettafish.jpg

And then here are the extremely common Veil Tails:

Male.
    2008_02_10_002.jpg
    Female.
    betta04G.jpg

Don't get me wrong, Veil Tails make great pets but there's not much point in breeding them when the market is already saturated in them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

You won't get them at 6 months old or younger as they are only saleable at around a year or year and a half. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

That's the age that you often get the fish in pet shops at, yes. By then they've already been bred from and you'd be lucky to get a good spawn from them yourself.

On Aquabid.com they sell their Bettas at three to four months of age which is when they are best for breeding. I would buy from Aquabid myself if it wasn't for the legal issues regarding importing fish from abroad and the unbelievably high shipping fees.

Advertisement