Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timeouts on regular basis with UPC in Cork?

Options
  • 03-08-2009 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

I'm with the 20/1 package from UPC and i've noticed that recently i get a fair amount of timeouts, page cannot be displayed and so on. I've doublechecked with roomie who's experiencing the same thing.

Downloads work great, and i get the delivered speed. But t's just that surfing seems to be the issue. I tried Open dns, which worked great at start only to slowly deteriorate back down to same struggling load page, time out, refresh, page loading up. And when i wen'tback to the upc dns it was the same for a short moment.

Could it be in the router? I have another router i could try.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ProjectC

dMaN24 wrote: »
    I'm with the 20/1 package from UPC and i've noticed that recently i get a fair amount of timeouts, page cannot be displayed and so on. I've doublechecked with roomie who's experiencing the same thing.

Downloads work great, and i get the delivered speed. But t's just that surfing seems to be the issue. I tried Open dns, which worked great at start only to slowly deteriorate back down to same struggling load page, time out, refresh, page loading up. And when i wen'tback to the upc dns it was the same for a short moment.

Could it be in the router? I have another router i could try.

getting exactly the same problem here in cork...very frustrating especially when ur torrent is still going at over a meg a second.

using the cisco wireless router i was supplied with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

ProjectC wrote: »
    getting exactly the same problem here in cork...very frustrating especially when ur torrent is still going at over a meg a second.

using the cisco wireless router i was supplied with.

I suspect running torrents the same time as your browsing is causing your time out issue.

@dMaN24 See do you have the problem when connecting direct to the modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

DingDong wrote: »
    @dMaN24 See do you have the problem when connecting direct to the modem.

I'll have a look at that. Although, but then again maybe not related, when i try to play xbox online i often receive the low bandwith notice. And it's wired to the router.

The bundled router is a Netgear (standard issue one) and i have a spare d-link. As much as i don't like any of them, i mightjust give it a try in switching aswell.

But i'll do the basic test with wiring the laptop to the modem.

I had a problem with the WGR614 Netgear router when I upgraded to the latest firmware, websites were timing out so I reverted to an old firmware and it was back working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

DingDong wrote: »
    I had a problem with the WGR614 Netgear router when I upgraded to the latest firmware, websites were timing out so I reverted to an old firmware and it was back working fine.

Aha... Might be on to something so..
    Got any release-numbers for me? :)

• Advertisement

Latest Firmware Version 2.0.30 didn't work, but 2.0.23 does.

Advertisement