Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin to Mullingar.

• 03-08-2009 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I need to travel from Dubln Connolly to Mullingar next weel. I am just wondering how much this costs for a day return ticket.. I looked up irish rail.ie and i seem to be getting mixed messages. Does anyone know if it is 18.50 one-way or is that return?? Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

€10 = One way

€18.70 = Return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Monkey09 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I need to travel from Dubln Connolly to Mullingar next weel. I am just wondering how much this costs for a day return ticket.. I looked up irish rail.ie and i seem to be getting mixed messages. Does anyone know if it is 18.50 one-way or is that return?? Thanks for your help!

Be careful as on a Friday I think its something like 27.50 return, they charge you for a weekend ticket which I think is wrong if you just want to go up and down that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

ud be better of getting the bus - goes from bus aras and stops in mullingar train station car park and would be cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

messrs wrote: »
    ud be better of getting the bus - goes from bus aras and stops in mullingar train station car park and would be cheaper

Not sure why you say that - there is a train every 2 hours and extra services at peak time.

The train costs EUR 10 one way and EUR 18.70 return.

At weekends however the fare can rise to EUR 21.50 each way or EUR 27 return depending on which train you choose to take.

The bus on the other hand is far less frequent and can cost more.

One way bus fare is EUR 12.90 and day/midweek return is EUR 17.60. The normal return fare is EUR 20.70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

just also be aware that the €10 one way fair, available mon - fri 8.00 - 18.30 must be booked before hand, online or over phone, this fair is not available at the ticket desk - check website for further details
    i suggested the bus as personally i find it a lot better, i regulary travel dublin - longford and in my experince i have always found it cheaper and your guarnteed a seat! on that sligo tirain, you would often be standing the whole journey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭TiwstaSista

i wonder why fares should vary over the weekends, that seem so unfair. it should stick no matter what day it is.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

It's called differential pricing...

The standard price is the weekend fare, while the weekdays are discounted fares.

It's commonplace across all transport companies - you try to encourage people to use the service during off-peak periods by offering cheaper fares.

Advertisement