Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Prices in Galway

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

did bulmers reduce the price of a pint bottle and so was the pubs suppose to pass it on, just ived noticed some places it is now and even fiver and others its five fifty..name an shame i say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭quotaj

Tried Kelly's for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. Expected it to be awful from what I read here! Biggest surprise was....

Pint of Guinness: €3.90

... and it was good stuff too! Snugs are great for a group!

I do have 2 complaints tho - the place still smells of paint and varnish and the bouncer was very rude. We first went to a table that was empty apart from 1 empty glass. Bouncer standing beside it said they're gone for a smoke so we can't sit there. Total bs, not even a jacket there. Must have been saving it for some mates or something. same guy was always rude in the living room days too. Anyway just dismissed him and had good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

where is kellys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭quotaj

Used to be The Living Room, reopened as Kellys recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

where is kellys

It is a pub that used to be something, has now tried to be something else and just hasn't pulled it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

agree with kelly's still smelling of paint, its pretty bad.
    That said, at least their heineken is good now, twas pure muck when it was the living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I was in Kelly's on thursday night and while I agree about the smell of paint, I think that comes with the territory what with it being a new pub and all, it beats the smell in the old place anyway.

Myself and a few of the lads were drinking Guinness and we agreed that it was one of the nicest pints around.

I fell in love with one of the girls behind the bar.

Good night all in all :D

Not too pushed about the upstairs part in it tbh but I have to say I like the place overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Where is Kellys?
    quotaj wrote: »
    Used to be The Living Room, reopened as Kellys recently.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=living+room,+galway&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=33.764224,79.013672&ie=UTF8&ll=53.274145,-9.048829&spn=0.012446,0.038581&z=15&iwloc=A

--- looks like they didn't remember all the things they had to re-brand ...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭yayaitsme

in Richardsons guinness is 3.90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Yeah i noticed myself drink in the dail is super expensive..not impressed at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Yeah i noticed myself drink in the dail is super expensive..not impressed at all.

I hear that a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Crane, Guinness 4.00

Fek it, €3.70, €3.90 and €4 is still dear for a pint of guinness in the current climate. If they pulled it back to €3 then that might be a gesture on the part of the pubs who have ripped us off for years and got away with it. I have no sympathy for them if their trade is down because they stubbonly refuse to reduce the price of the pint when most other things are coming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 manwith3butocks

I don't drink, but my mates do, and a pint of Guinness was 4.25 in the Quays pub! Poor tourists are getting a raw deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Tribesman29

Was down in Kerry recently on holiday and got a nice surprise in Tralee when receiving 2 euros change from a tenner after purchasing two pints of Carlsberg. And they were good pints too.
    Was a decent pub as well, well kept and clean, lots of big screens for sport etc etc. Makes you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Des Hynes

If you tolerate this then your children will be next...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Pick up the Galway City Tribune today and all the work is done for you there and then.

They've an exclusive survey done on a round of drinks in over 100 different bars in Galway city & suburbs.

Interestingly there's a difference of more than €8 depending on where you go.

It's a very good read, I highly recommend it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

I know Auld Lads who will do more statistical analysis on the published results there than the Census Bureau. Interesting reading though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Bought the tribune earlier - Old Forge anybody :D

The prices of everything varies so much but I was shocked at the differences for Pint Bottles of Cider - cheapest at 4.35 and dearest at 6.20

Hopefully this might spur a few places on to lower prices

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

Paid 7.50 for a bottle of Erdinger in the G hotel last week:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

All pints are €3 this Wednesday in Sally Longs Rock Bar after 9pm. Metal/punk/hardcore/rock DJ all night,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

the oslo, guinness 3.95
    wide selection of foreign beer all 5euro plus!
    and no late license, cant see it lasting tbh

Think the cellar in tuam doing €3 a pint on thursdays. Not bad value either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

skelliser wrote: »
    the oslo, guinness 3.95
    wide selection of foreign beer all 5euro plus!
    and no late license, cant see it lasting tbh

That building has 'the curse' tbh - nothing seems to last long there. Still though, i'll pop in for a look at the place next time i'm passing by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Where is this new 'the Oslo' you kids keep going on about? Wasn't any 'the Oslo' in my day (last year)!

There isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

its a really big venue out the back and you can see into the microbrewery with all the vats but it lacked character, it seemed like a cross between a restaurant and a bar, like the furniture was just common kitchen type tables and chairs.
    What annoyed me was that after 12.30 i could see people where still being served so i went up to get a pint, i asked for a pint, sorry not serving any more draught you can have bottles! then i looked at the price of a bottles of beer, cheapest was 5.50! no dice

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Passing P.J. Flaherty's in Lower Salthill yesterday a blackboard outside read: 'back to school special..Beamish €2.50,Fosters €2.50..this MUST be the cheapest pint around at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Owldshtok wrote: »
    Passing P.J. Flaherty's in Lower Salthill yesterday a blackboard outside read: 'back to school special..Beamish €2.50,Fosters €2.50..this MUST be the cheapest pint around at the moment.

Isn't fosters €2.50 in THITW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Paid 7.50 for a bottle of Erdinger in the G hotel last week:mad:
    Why did you do that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement