Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Prices in Galway

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

A pint of bud was €3.50 in Fibber Magees last thursday night but on monday a pint was €4.70 :O Can anyone explain this to me?

You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny?

Pubs may not charge more than the price they advertise. But currently there's nothing to say they can't charge less when they feel like it, eg if you're hot, if they're running a promotion, if they like you, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kraftwerk91

Geuze wrote: »
    Summer 2012 prices

The Old Forge, William street west

Whiskey = 3.50
    Guinness = 3.60
    Black Bush = 3.60 (very good value)

What is Black Bush?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Black Bush is uisce beatha

Yes in some kip of a Wetherspoons surrounded by scousers... I'd rather pay €10 a pint in Galway.

It was a kip but that was half the craic of it, but it certainly wasn't a wetherspoons, I'd want to be dying of thirst before Id go near one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

What is Black Bush?

5011007007102_M.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Paddy Fahy's, Prospect Hill / Bohermore

Guinness = 3.50

Tonery's, Prospect Hill / Bohermore

Bavaria = 3.00
    Smithwick's = 3.90
    lager = 4.20

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cazkeady

A pint of bud was €3.50 in Fibber Magees last thursday night but on monday a pint was €4.70 :O Can anyone explain this to me?

Yes i can explain it.....

On Thursdays Fibber Magees charge €3.50 for all draughts (excl. Guinness, i think that's €3.30 every day) - their sister pub Kennedys do the same offer of €3.50 on Tuesdays for all draughts (excl. Guinness which is €3.30 every day)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kraftwerk91

Geuze wrote: »
    What is Black Bush?

5011007007102_M.jpg

I'm assuming that's Irish whiskey. Is it any good?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

I'm assuming that's Irish whiskey. Is it any good?
    It is, and it is :)

empacher wrote: »
    Prices can change everyday. The prices of alcohol in Ireland must remain the same from start of business to close. . So the like of happy hours can't be had, so as not to encourage binge drinking.

Well then why aren't some pubs prosecuted for upping their prices after 12. The Roisin definitely do this. Unless you have that half right and it's 12-12 and not from the start/close of Business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i may be wrong but i think that you can up the price of your drink during the day but you can never bring it down from its starting price when opening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It is, and it is :)

It's grand. Although there are those I know who refuse to drink 'that protestant whiskey'!:p

*they're American

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

i may be wrong but i think that you can up the price of your drink during the day but you can never bring it down
    That sounds like Ireland all right :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

McSwiggans still does €3 Guinness in Woodquay
    and it is fecking delicious I may add

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Can't pubs just have one set price for everything? They will still make a lot of money on busy nights without having to rob people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement