Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netbook with large SSD

• 03-08-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a netbook with a large SSD and decent battery life.

The eee901 has been recommended to me but I just can't find the damn thing in stock anywhere. If someone replies with a "Here's one, dopey!" I'd be very happy indeed.

Willing to spend a few quid more if someone can recommended a different model with the above specs.

Thanks in advance,

CJ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

here's one dopey ;)

I hear the 901 is a great little netbook. 20GB SSD is the largest i've seen on this model. Usually the 20GB model is running linux & the 12GB comes with windows XP.

You can get a refurbished one at laptopsdirect.ie (very little info given on this one, I suspect it has a 12GB SSD.

I've had no dealings with either of these companies in the past, so I don't know how good they are to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crackity_jones

Excellent stuff Random Stranger. Right on the money.

Pixmania never comes to mind when I'm looking for laptops or pcs, for some reason. They're more a port of call when I'm seeking camera related junk.

Thanks a bunch.

CJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

No probs CJ, best of luck with it.

Advertisement