Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

****New football news site launched today!****

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Strange, for me the lowercase i looks like an l (ell).

Just for info, I eventually resolved this by messing with my own browser settings. Now I just have the same problem as Notorious (letters too close together :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah 'Burn' looks like 'Bum' in the headline of the Prem review! :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Did someone just change it in the last few minutes? It suddenly looks fine, although I did do some more browser-based messing. Sorry for the poorly researched feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Today at BPF....

Photo of the Week #3 - Midweek Premier League POTW special! This also gives us a chance to experiment with FotoGlif. They're soccer images are unmatched, but the adverts are very annoying. We'd like your thoughts on the matter.

Moments of Magic #3 - This great series continues with legend George Weah, go check it out.

As usual, we're on the look-out for some more contributors to the cause. If you have something to get off your chest, have a regular feature in mind, maybe you want to concentrate on a specific league, or would like to help out in any existing features or anything at all - then please get in contact with us, or PM myself and Xavi6.

Up-coming features may include "Forgotten Heroes", an old favourite of yours you'd like to enlighten us with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is it okay to offer some criticism regarding the standard of writing?

• Advertisement

Only if it's constuctive ;) Send either of us a PM if you like.

Busy Saturday on BPF -

- This weekend's EPL fixtures are previewed

- Fantasy Football is always a hot topic

- Burnley's defeat of Manchester United has one fan keeping the faith

Today's post on BPF

The Ajax team that won the Champions League in 1995 - where are they now?

And in the news.... City agree deal for Lescott.

Today on BPF -

- Premiership Round Up

- We round up the latest Bundesliga action

- Check out Everton's new signing

Lescott finally completes City move.

Great signing, but very expensive. Not that it'll make much of a dent in their accounts.

• Advertisement

Busy day at BPF

Pessimism Reigns Supreme
    - Being an Everton fan over the past decade has seen it’s mountainous high points, but there’s always a sense of pessism lurking around, as Glenn Fitzpatrick explains.

Photo of the Week #4 - This week's image is from the West Ham/Millwall game.

Moments of Magic #5 - The fifth in this great series is a look back to Man Utd v Arsenal in 2000, and a certain Thierry Henry special.

And in the news: Al Fahim takes over Pompey, the FA respond to the Upton Park violence, Joleon Lescott and Sol Campbell.

If you'd like to contribute with pieces of your own, please get in touch.

If your on Twitter or Facebook, the links are at the bottom of the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Only if it's constuctive ;) Send either of us a PM if you like.
    Why can't he post it publicly? Would that not fit in with the 'shameless abuse of mod power' and pimping of your site?

SectionF wrote: »
    Why can't he post it publicly? Would that not fit in with the 'shameless abuse of mod power' and pimping of your site?

He's free to post it publicly, like many others who have given us their views. But he asked beforehand, so perhaps he wanted to talk privately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Spamarama, how come you guys are allowed pimp your site here everyday?

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    He's free to post it publicly, like many others who have given us their views. But he asked beforehand, so perhaps he wanted to talk privately.
    You assumed... seems to me that you don't welcome criticism unless it's on your terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Just posted- My report on tonight's Arsenal v Celtic match - here

You assumed...
    seems to me

Lol at the ironing. If you have a problem with anything to do with moderation then you're well aware where Help Desk is at this stage so kindly stop derailing the thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

No need for a help desk thread, you can answer. How come you can bump this every 2nd day and link to your site in other threads all the time. Anyone else on this site doing it gets banned. Why not have threads dedicated to other site's too then.

It's a nice site, fair play and good luck with it but the pimping is headwrecking imo.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol at the ironing. If you have a problem with anything to do with moderation then you're well aware where Help Desk is at this stage so kindly stop derailing the thread.
    I'm banned from posting on the help desk, and from feedback, because I questioned how this forum was managed. Why don't you guys just answer the question instead of delivering your usual sniggering responses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm banned from posting on the help desk, and from feedback, because I questioned how this forum was managed. Why don't you guys just answer the question instead of delivering your usual sniggering responses?

whats the question?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

What the hell is the problem. Its one thread out of 20 on the front page. If you don't care then unsubscribe from the thread, and simple don't click in here again.

People link to sites all the time around here, whether it be to rumors, match reports, injury updates, new sponsorship deals whatever. Is this really that much different.

Some real bad begrudgery going on here, and I really can't understand why or what the point is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Someone else was infracted for daring to mention a different football site not too long ago.

It is kind of headwrecking.

Put it in your sigs, if people want to read it they will.

The question is why people who wish to criticize the publication are asked to do so by PM, on a public forum.
    The wider question, as raised by CHD, is why the forum is being used by a mod to, in his own words, continually pimp his own project.

What the hell is the problem. Its one thread out of 20 on the front page. If you don't care then unsubscribe from the thread, and simple don't click in here again.

People link to sites all the time around here, whether it be to rumors, match reports, injury updates, new sponsorship deals whatever. Is this really that much different.

Some real bad begrudgery going on here, and I really can't understand why or what the point is.
    Perfectly ok so long as everyone and anyone can do it, in the style of backpage, linking to each and every post on their site/blog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Des wrote: »
    Someone else was infracted for daring to mention a different football site not too long ago.

It is kind of headwrecking.

Put it in your sigs, if people want to read it they will.

Was that not a different football forum, rather than a news site?
    Perfectly ok so long as everyone and anyone can do it, in the style of backpage, linking to each and every post on their site/blog.

You know if this thread gets shut down what will happen is that every article will be linked to in the relevant team/match thread. As sky sports, bbc, football365, the times, the sun, the daily mail articles are. So instead of it being in here it will be everywhere.

Because issues with moderation are never dealt with on thread in any forum. Not my fault you're banned from Help Desk. You could have gone about it the right way and PM'd the forum mods or an admin, but that wouldn't be a public enough snipe for you. I won't be answering your question, or CHD's or Des' for that matter, on the thread. I will however happily respond through the more appropriate channels, some of which are still available to you.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Because issues with moderation are never dealt with on thread in any forum. Not my fault you're banned from Help Desk. You could have gone about it the right way and PM'd the forum mods or an admin, but that wouldn't be a public enough snipe for you. I won't be answering your question, or CHD's or Des' for that matter, on the thread. I will however happily respond through the more appropriate channels, some of which are still available to you.
    As a matter of fact, I did send a polite PM to another mod, and I got a childish, hostile response. It may not be your 'fault', but it was your moderating that began the episode. And there are no other channels.
    Anyway, that's off-topic.
    You refuse to answer, happily or otherwise, a simple question on your blatant pimping of your website in a forum that you mod. That encapsulates the insanely arrogant approach to modding in this forum.

As a matter of fact, I did send a polite PM to another mod, and I got a childish, hostile response. It may not be your 'fault', but it was your moderating that began the episode. And there are no other channels.
    You refuse to answer, happily or otherwise, a simple question on your blatant pimping of your website in a forum that you mod. That encapsulates the insanely arrogant approach to modding in this forum.

I didn't refuse to answer. You're just not happy with the medium I offered for a response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I've checked your current bans, and you are not and have not previously been banned from Help Desk.

You have been given enough leeway on this thread to comment on moderation of the forum, please stop that now or I will start to apply the charter:
    RULE DISCUSSION: We do not tolerate discussion of moderation, moderation of posts or reportable posts in thread. If you have a problem with the forum rules, PM the mods or start a thread in Help Desk.

That's a direct quote, Help desk is open to you.

Anyone else who wants to discuss the rights or wrongs of this may do the same, please do not continue to do so on this thread as per that section from the charter.

• Advertisement

I've checked your current bans, and you are not and have not previously been banned from Help Desk.

You have been given enough leeway on this thread to comment on moderation of the forum, please stop that now or I will start to apply the charter:

That's a direct quote, Help desk is open to you.

Anyone else who wants to discuss the rights or wrongs of this may do the same, please do not continue to do so on this thread as per that section from the charter.
    I cannot post on the Help Desk. If I try, I get the PFO screen.

Leave that with me and I'll see what the problem is, you have no ban from Help desk showing on your profile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

In helpdesk you can only post in threads that you create yourself, you have to be allowed by a moderator to post in other people's threads.

OK. Thanks. (Another interesting boards.ie choke on discussion.)
    I'll post there after I've pimped my site on the football forum so.

I'll post there after I've pimped my site on the football forum so.

Read my post on the extratime.ie thread then rethink that please.

Myself and Xavi6 are discussing a process that will allow everybody an opportunity to publicise their own work on sites elsewhere, but in the meantime can I ask that everybody take a step away from this for a short while, calm down, then return to see what we come up with?

Until then there is to be no linking by anybody to any site of theirs.

This can easily be resolved in an adult manner, but childish reaction from here on will not be entertained.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement