Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belkin N Wireless Router won't connect to interent

Options
  • 03-08-2009 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all

I have being using a ZyXel Prestige 630 modem I got on sign up to UTVinternet's Clicksilver package some 4 years ago. It has served me well, with no problems to report.
    I now have a laptop with wireless connection and have acquired a Belkin N Wireless Modem Router. I purchased it in the north and it's for "BT Connections" but i was assured that was simply the RJ11 rather than cable connection. I disconnected the cable (with DSL filter attached) and connected this into the back of the Belkin. Everything seems fine (the wired, router and adsl buttons all light up) and the setup wizard says they are ok. However I cannot get connected to the internet. I have used VPI = 8, VCI = 35, LLC, PPpoE, when asked but still cannot get connected. PC is a Dell Dimension 5150 using XP.
    Any help welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

i had a problem like this with belkin wireless drivers before. I solved it like this.

try goin to Start --> Run

Type Services.msc

a list of your currently running services shoud appear

go to the bottom of the list. The "Wireless Zero Configuration" process should have status "Started". If it doesnt try manually starting it to see if this is the problem.

To resolve I had to uninstall any programs that came with the Belkin BUT make sure the drivers are kept.

You might want to run a virus scan also to be safe. Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Big Dee wrote: »
    Hi all

I have being using a ZyXel Prestige 630 modem I got on sign up to UTVinternet's Clicksilver package some 4 years ago. It has served me well, with no problems to report.
    I now have a laptop with wireless connection and have acquired a Belkin N Wireless Modem Router. I purchased it in the north and it's for "BT Connections" but i was assured that was simply the RJ11 rather than cable connection. I disconnected the cable (with DSL filter attached) and connected this into the back of the Belkin. Everything seems fine (the wired, router and adsl buttons all light up) and the setup wizard says they are ok. However I cannot get connected to the internet. I have used VPI = 8, VCI = 35, LLC, PPpoE, when asked but still cannot get connected. PC is a Dell Dimension 5150 using XP.
    Any help welcomed

have you entered your utv username and password?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Big Dee

dub45 wrote: »
    have you entered your utv username and password?
    I did!!! About 50 times at this stage

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Whats the home page of the Belkin saying - is it showing that you are synicing with UTV?

Advertisement