Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get your asses over to.......

• 03-08-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭

here and show a bit of support for a request for a new sub forum for prices.

In light of the number of threads here about the various prices for full contracts, labour and materials it would be a great benefit to have a dedicated forum for this particular topic.

So show your support people.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have to keep this at the top but I dont want to sticky it as we have enough of stickied threads.

So get moving people. Your support for a new sub forum actually increases the chances of getting it approved. Other than that I would have to shake Seamus by the throat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Any progress, Muffler ?

These things can take a little time and a lot more convincing of the powers that be that the sub forum is indeed necessary and warranted which it is of course.

The more people who support the request the better chance of getting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I think it would be great if we could have a forum for prices.
    I'm currently finishing a self build and think that it would be great if I could compare prices for products and services.

Bring it on!!!!!

please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭fuchia

Sounds like a great idea.
    For what its worth I'm all for it.

Fuchia;)

• Advertisement

fuchia wrote: »
    Sounds like a great idea.
    For what its worth I'm all for it.

Fuchia;)
    Thanks but you now need to post that in the thread i linked to in my first post.

Cheers

My daily bump. :)

C'mon people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

50 posts over there at the time of writing .... who many will swing it M ?

Ideally Id like to see around 100 posts. The downside is that we have a lot of people ghosting through the forum here - they ask a specific question, get an answer and we dont see them again. No harm in that at all. It just makes it a little more difficult to get appropriate numbers.

However I'll have a word with smashey who is an admin now and he should be able to convince the powers that be that while we have an average sized regular user base we do have a huge amount of passing traffic and that will help also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

sinnerboy wrote: »
    50 posts over there at the time of writing .... who many will swing it M ?

I don't think it goes on quantity. This post has 490 replies and its still not up and going. The admins usually have a discussion about the merit of the forum and whether it actually required and then decide if its needed. The C&P forum never was a high traffic forum but the standard of it is exceptional and if they think that it will add to the forum they will implement it.

That's why its better if people give constructive reasons to why it should exist rather than the customary +1 that is usually enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

i think its a very good idea. you might need a QS Moderator for this one...........!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

Smashey idea..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    Ideally Id like to see around 100 posts. The downside is that we have a lot of people ghosting through the forum here - they ask a specific question, get an answer and we dont see them again. No harm in that at all. It just makes it a little more difficult to get appropriate numbers.

However I'll have a word with smashey who is an admin now and he should be able to convince the powers that be that while we have an average sized regular user base we do have a huge amount of passing traffic and that will help also.

I like this idea. ;)

One of the privileges of being a mod is that you can bump your own thread. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

68 posts over there now .... whose for 69 ( snigger ) :pac::pac:

My daily bump :)

I'll try to get this sorted today. ;)

I feel it in my waters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

muffler wrote: »
    I feel it in my waters
    If you go to your doctor he will give you a cream for that :D

• Advertisement

I think the perseverance has paid off. Thanks to everyone who lent their support to this and to the admins for agreeing to it.

Advertisement