Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat pooped & peed on bed

Options
  • 03-08-2009 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all, Am looking for advice here,

I have a two year old female indoor cat which we have had since christmas, we've had no problems with her at all, she uses her litter tray no problem...until saturday night! My hubby was away for the weekend and I had my brother staying the night and some friends. We went out for drinks & came home to find that my cat had pooped & peed on his bed...I was MORTIFIED!!! She has never done this before...why would she do this??
    Now if I thought she closed the door behind her in the bedroom..then maybe she panicked but my brother swears the door was wide open...I took off the bedclothes and replaced with new duvet, etc...and then I find this morning she has peed on the new ones...and this time the door was open...I just cant understand why she would do this...any ideas greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Is her litter tray dirty? I know if our kitten's one has been used too much he would rather keep it in until he has no other choice.
    Other than that the only I could think of is the scent of the sheets? Have you changed your washing powder or something recently, a different scent could be attractive to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

she's crosss.

she thinks you've replaced your dh with a new male, your brother, and she doesn't like it.

it's a complex mix of territorialism and expressing displeasure... she's telling your brother 'this is my house, get out'

one of our family cats used to do it every time my mother went away overnight... drove me mad cleaning up after him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

Close the door!!!

It might sound stupid but until her territory is back to what she considers normal she's going keep doing this.

Also - if there are strangers around her litter box she isn't going to feel 100% confident in using it.

Put yourself in her shoes/paws: How would you feel if you came home one day and nothing was the same??? There were strangers in your home and they were standing in your bathroom not letting you have any privacy to go to the loo!! :eek:

Advertisement