Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited???

Options
  • 03-08-2009 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a CZ .22lr and a Baikal 12gauge single shot.What type licence should i apply for if i am going to get another two shotties?Do i have to do anything extra this time around for the two new shotties?Whats the cheapest option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

Firstly there is no cheap option this time.
    the 6 euro for a limited shotgun cert is gone and now the fee is 80 euros for the new 3 year cert for each gun.
    You will need to prove gunclub membership or have your 3 letters from landowners to allow you shoot over the land.
    Now with the limited cert gone you might as well apply for the full game licence,it costs the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Thanks.Does this mean i will have to get farmers signatures and details again for each application although i already have a certificate for the two guns

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Meyer

shezer wrote: »
    Thanks.Does this mean i will have to get farmers signatures and details again for each application although i already have a certificate for the two guns

Your certificates are no longer valid, We all have to reapply for our firearms simple as that, Its like we are all starting from scratch!

Just a side note... Remember when the Minister for Justice stated that his handgun ban and the bill that included it would not affect the vast majority of firearms owners? He lied big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Meyer wrote: »
    Your certificates are no longer valid, We all have to reapply for our firearms simple as that, Its like we are all starting from scratch!

Just a side note... Remember when the Minister for Justice stated that his handgun ban and the bill that included it would not affect the vast majority of firearms owners? He lied big time!

Now, having sent a god hour chatting to the local FO because of the rumours of "there lifting all our guns" I think people are getting the wrong end of the stick.

Yes your applying to get a new licence primarily to fix the information (mis information) on the system. If you have been granted a fire arm in the past (long guns) and you are still entitled to have one you will be re issued with a new licence. Guards dont appear (around me) to be taking guns from people but people are saying do I need 3 shotguns and 2 rifles, when I could trade three shotguns and get two decent shotguns and 2 rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Meyer wrote: »

Not quite Meyer since it was the 2006 Act which introduced new applications and three year licensing. Your blaming the wrong Minister!

• Advertisement
Advertisement