Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Average Phone Bill

Options
  • 03-08-2009 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Just curious as to how much people are roughly paying each month for their phone/broadband services. I work in telesales myself and some of the customers I deal with think they're getting a good deal when they really aren't. I'm sure many are aware that nowadays the best value for money is to get a bundle which will give you your phone bill and your broadband in the one bill at a discount rate.

Hopefully this thread might help people realize that it's pretty much the only one who can reduce the bill because no current Telephone Service Provider wants to ring up current customers and put them on a cheaper package from what I can see. I think this explains the high number of people who constantly change phone companies because other providers get to you before your own company does.

Try include in your answer whether you pay for privileges such as having a paper bill sent out to you, paying for voicemail etc

Your Average Phone Bill Monthly? 26 votes

€100-€200 (Phone & Broadband)
    0% 0 votes
    €100-€200 (Calls & Line Rental Only)
    15% 4 votes
    €75-€100 (Phone & Broadband)
    0% 0 votes
    €75-€100 (Calls & Line Rental Only)
    3% 1 vote
    €50-€75 (Phone & Broadband)
    11% 3 votes
    €50-€75 (Calls & Line Rental Only)
    53% 14 votes
    Below €50 (Phone & Broadband)
    0% 0 votes
    Below €50 (Calls & Line Rental Only)
    15% 4 votes
    Below €50 (Entitled to Free Line Rental)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

BT Ireland, Two Mthly bill never more than €100, for Phone,BB UK and Ireland Landline calls. Dreading Voda taking over :mad:
    Always use my Mobile credit to call Mobile Numbers >€20 for Mobile each mth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Is it true BT are pulling out altogether? If you're interested I think UTV have a fairly good package deal including free UK calls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

UPC 10Mb Broadband
    UPC Phone Line Rental
    Unlimited Local/National Calls
    Voicemail, Call Waiting
    Paper bill sent out each month

€44/month
    Maybe few extra euro (<€5) per month for mobiles, Blueface VoIP line for international calls.

So no, Eircom, the next time you call, I assure you that you can NOT save me money on my phone and broadband!

Advertisement