Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out and getting rid of old bills

Options
  • 03-08-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I'm soon moving out to someplace cheaper and better (I'm "downgrading" from D7 to D6 :P) and I was wondering if I could use the occasion to get rid of some bills I still have to pay.

Basically concerning ESB I didn't pay anything last year so they're making me pay it in weekly installments of 25 euros that will last until december (so that's quite a bit of money) so I'd love to get rid of that, also if I can dodge the forthcoming next electricity bill that'd be a plus.

Also I haven't paid my imag!ne bill in months (first I mistakenly thought I had direct debit on that, hehe) and a few weeks ago they sent me a mail saying they had suspended me and if I didn't pay in a week they'd take legal action (what can it be? all I can say is I haven't seen anything so far) and well I'd like to get rid of that too.

My question is, what are the tricks to save money when you move by getting rid of bills and what not? Somehow I'm sure there must be some of you out there knowledgeable enough about dodging bills to write a book about it, so I'm asking you, what do you do when you move out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

This has to be a troll. if not its an ugly muppet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

Shelflife wrote: »
    This has to be a troll. if not its an ugly muppet :D
    Why?? That's a serious question, I don't see why you'd think that.

The whole

" i owe lots of money and want to avoid paying what i rightfully owe to people who have provided me with a service "

senario.

Shelflife wrote: »
    The whole

" i owe lots of money and want to avoid paying what i rightfully owe to people who have provided me with a service "

senario.
    Yep. It's called being broke.

no its called irresponsible and theft.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Should this not be in the "I miss my Mommy" forum.

Should learn to budget...

F1ngers wrote: »
    Should this not be in the "I miss my Mommy" forum.

Should learn to budget...
    Then put that one post in the "poor people suck" forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

grow the hell up and pay what you owe.by stealing services from companies you could contributing to yet more job loss.

if you are a troll then go away,if not, i think you're a scumbag.everyone else works hard to pay their bills,you should too.

You guys crack me up. See, the world is divided in three categories : those who choose to do the right thing, those who choose not to do it, and those who can't afford to choose. I like people from the first category as much as anyone else, but I hate it when they get all righteous with people from the third and even call them scumbags. People like that like to complain that they work hard, but at the end of the day, they still can afford to choose to do the right thing, they don't have to choose between food and bills.

But thanks for the moral lesson a lot, oh and Lollipops23 you crack me up especially, you're talking like I just have to get out there and get a job, when employment is skyrocketing and everybody's getting fired. You see I work hard too, probably harder than you, but I'm self employed so it's even harder to make ends meet. So think about it before giving me a moral lesson, some just have it worse than you, even if you think you've got it bad.

Well if you're self employed you would well understand that not being paid for your services is unacceptable.

grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

you will probably find that the ESB owe you money as you now have advertised the company on a large scale, send back your bill with an invoice from yourself looking for your fee making sure its 5 quid over the amount you owe them, by the time they digest it the whole lot will go into the bin. Other option change your name by to something summery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

So imagine this OP, you find your feet, are doing well and decide to buy your own place or rent a bachelor pad by yourself and shock horror it needs electricity , call to the esb to get connected and they say ''ohhhhhhh you owe us a tidy sum pay up or get lost.''

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

A_SN wrote: »
    I'm sure there must be some of you out there knowledgeable enough about dodging bills to write a book about it, so I'm asking you, what do you do when you move out?

You pay your bills or better still, you dont get the service if you cant afford it!

Your a very funny guy though! For your information its generally accepted that moving from an odd postal district(Northside) to an even postal district(Southside) is an upgrade. But i suspect your just crying the poor me mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread locked. We cannot condone bill-dodging.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement