Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windsor Park

• 03-08-2009 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

I'm from Dublin, recently moved to Belfast for work.

I'm thinking about heading to the NI /Isreal friendly ... I love going to games, simple as.

I just want to go & watch the game, but would be worried how this would be seen by the local fans if I was 'outted'. The Union Jacks & GSTQ don't bother me. It just takes one guy to take offence to me being there ...

Should I forget about it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

How would you be "outed"?? have you a tri-colour tattooed on your forehead :cool:....just don't burn any union jacks and you'll be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

make sure you don't forget your Palestinian flag now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

dogpile wrote: »
    How would you be "outed"?? have you a tri-colour tattooed on your forehead :cool:....just don't burn any union jacks and you'll be fine

Im guessing the OP is worried that his accent might not be that of the locals... Being from Dublin and all.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Im guessing the OP is worried that his accent might not be that of the locals... Being from Dublin and all.

Then make like Zippy!! how good is his sign language :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Just don't do anything outrageous to draw attention to yourself and you should be fine. There'll be Catholics and Protestants alike there, and I've never heard of much infighting between them at games so you should be grand. Just if you notice an area of the stand looks to be more populated with Union Jack flags than others, maybe its best to pick a different spot to enjoy the game:D

• Advertisement

DSB wrote: »
    Just don't do anything outrageous to draw attention to yourself and you should be fine.

Getting the Fields of Athenry going would be a no no...start a Mexican wave if you feel the need to get involved :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

DSB wrote: »
    There'll be Catholics and Protestants alike there,

Do Catholics support Northern Ireland? I wouldn't have thought they would, not in any sort of big numbers anyway.

Either way, just go to the game as you'd go to any other game. I know people from Dublin, Galway and Drogheda who've gone to Linfield home games without the slightest hint of hassle, and have had a drink in the vicinity and also inside the ground in the bar. No hassle. Once you do it I'd say you'll be wondering what you were worried about in the first place. I say all this having never been there though all the feedback I've heard wouldn't be at all negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I know a load of Drogheda fans that drank here:
    3742562652_6f375a0278.jpg?v=0
    before the Drogheda setanta cup games. The glasgow rangers supporters club on the shankill road. Although I wouldn't go in unless invited! They had invites which had to be cleared by the right people.

Advertisement