Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

driving directions from Dublin

Options
  • 03-08-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm heading down to Dungarvan tomorrow and was wondering what is the quickest/easiest route to take from Dublin? I see a few options but don't know the roads so some may be quicker than the others.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Take the N9. Where ya coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

from north county dublin. so N9 all the way to waterford city and then onto N25 yeah?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yup. Long enough journey. Cant think of any quicker way sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I realise I'm too late, but I, and a lot of other people I know, go on to Kilkenny, then through Carrick-on-Suir to Lemybrien. According to Google Maps there's nothing in it time and distance-wise, but it seems to be a preferred route for many.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

noby wrote: »
    I realise I'm too late, but I, and a lot of other people I know, go on to Kilkenny, then through Carrick-on-Suir to Lemybrien. According to Google Maps there's nothing in it time and distance-wise, but it seems to be a preferred route for many.
    I do this every weekend. From north dublin this is a much quicker route.
    Southside, it's faster to use the N11 to Enniscorthey, and N25 to Dungarvan via Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

yeah. that way u would cut out waterford town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

sirpsycho wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm heading down to Dungarvan tomorrow and was wondering what is the quickest/easiest route to take from Dublin? I see a few options but don't know the roads so some may be quicker than the others.

Thanks in advance.

This I find is the best route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Mossy Monk wrote: »

That's a good route alright - you get a lot more motorway, and it's improving all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

That's a good route alright - you get a lot more motorway, and it's improving all the time.

For sure. Got to and from Dublin quite quickly yesterday. As soon as the section at Abbeyleix is done then it will be fantastically great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

In the same boat here about been late, but to come down through Port Laoise and in Cahir, head for Clonmel, turning off through Knocklofty might be a good option now adays with the Dublin/Cork road in the condition it is now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement