Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wispa...World's Most Expensive Chocolate Bar

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Not a big fan of wispa's but the wispa gold was quite yummy if I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Can't wait 'til the real Wispa Gold is back! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I thought this was going to refer to the wispa being lightweight and therefore very expensive per gram of chocolate. Like aero, flake and the king of them maltesers who have the balls to advertise the fact trying to make it out to be a good point (i.e. only so many calories).

Found this. http://po-ru.com/diary/how-much-does-a-wispa-weigh/
    I was puzzled to note that no weight (note to pedants: mass) is given on the packet. You can work it out from the nutritional information table, which is given per 100 g and per bar, but the nominal weight is not written. I’m a bit sad, so I went onto Cadbury’s website, found the contact form, and asked a couple of questions, to the effect of:

Is the weight really not indicated?
    Is that legal?
    Today, I received a reply:

Thank you for your recent E-mail concerning the weight of our Wispa. I hope the following clarifies the position.

We have, in common with other manufacturers, a legal obligation to declare the weight of products over 50g in weight. Below this weight where there is no legislating framework the ‘industry standard’ is to refer to those products as ‘standard’ or ‘single’ bars which is largely an historic precedent. There is certainly no intention to deceive in this practice as we are sure you understand.

We hope this clarifies your queries and answers your questions. We are always happy to hear from our consumers and thank you for taking the trouble to write to us.

Cadbury Consumer Relations Department.....

Update: I’ve checked on a Wispa wrapper. It contains 2255 kJ per 100 g, or 880 kJ per bar. The bar is therefore 39 g.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG they are bringing back the Wispa GOLD?!!!!!! WHEN?!

YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Edit: Apparantly the launch date is 13th September! Woohoo!

Advertisement