Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steel Shed , Can I Extend It Upwards ???

• 03-08-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I have a steel shed , about 3 yrs old , insulated , and recently bought a camper .. the length and the width of shed are perfect , but the height is too low ...
    is it possible to extend it upwards about 4 feet ? and insert new side and back /front panels lipped under the old ones ?

I'd really like to get the camper out of the weather for the winter and if I pay for storage somewhere I can't keep an eye on it all the time and the money would be better spent on the shed ..

thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

mikemike wrote: »
    I have a steel shed , about 3 yrs old , insulated , and recently bought a camper .. the length and the width of shed are perfect , but the height is too low ...
    is it possible to extend it upwards about 4 feet ? and insert new side and back /front panels lipped under the old ones ?

I'd really like to get the camper out of the weather for the winter and if I pay for storage somewhere I can't keep an eye on it all the time and the money would be better spent on the shed ..

thanks .

Speaking in a pure construction sense it is definitely possible. In terms of planning you will face restriction depending on your current planning status and how much you'd like to extend by. Someone (syd probably) will be along shortly to state the exact current limitations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

From the description you have given, those works are unlikely to be considered exempted development unless it is being used for agricultural purposes.

What size and how high is the existing shed?
    Where is it located in relation to your house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

if u can get past the planning issue consider putting the shed on a block wall.

The section sizes used in the shed may not work with an extra 4 feet

Advertisement