Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does DIT have free weights that I can use?

Options
  • 03-08-2009 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi,

I was going to join a gym to do some deadlifting next year but then I remembered that I heard DIT has a gym.

Does anyone know if any of the DITs have an Olympic set that I could use to deadlift with please?

I'm based in Bolton Street.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Slumlion

If you think your intelligent enough to go to college,then you should be intelligent enough to know you have to pay to use the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

^^ "Free weights" refers to weight lifting with barbells/dumbells etc as opposed to machines like a leg press. OP I was in the Kevin st gym and it was totally under equipped for weights, a few dumbells going up to 20kg was all they had in a tiny side room. I can't see the Bolton st gym being any better in that regard to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭RJM22

Thanks phantom mask, Bolton Street doesn't even have a gym and I have never ventured over to Kevin Street so you saved me the effort.

Slumlion, why did you even bother to post that. If you don't know what we're discussing here then don't try to redicule someone. Epic fail!

Also it's you're not your.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭ToTheSea:

Slumlion wrote: »
    If you think your intelligent enough to go to college,then you should be intelligent enough to know you have to pay to use the gym.

Hilarious

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

bolton street does have a gym, a weights gym... unless its closed recently, accross the road by the pub is the location

• Advertisement

bolton street does have a gym, a weights gym... unless its closed recently, accross the road by the pub is the location

Correct,its located in the apprentices building,
    and NO its not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Slumlion wrote: »
    Correct,its located in the apprentices building,
    and NO its not free.

Try looking at Thephantomsmask's post and you'll realise that the OP isn't talking about using the gym for free :rolleyes:

I've popped my head in to the kevin st. gym once or twice. it dosn't seem too impressive at all. That said when i asked about price they said it was €80 a year which seems very reasonable (that said this was a few years ago)

Okay I'll take a look at Linen Hall when I'm back in September. Thanks very much.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Try looking at Thephantomsmask's post and you'll realise that the OP isn't talking about using the gym for free :rolleyes:

I've popped my head in to the kevin st. gym once or twice. it dosn't seem too impressive at all. That said when i asked about price they said it was €80 a year which seems very reasonable (that said this was a few years ago)

has one ever heard of sarcasm?

I have. I can tell that you're either quite bad at it or you're just trying to cover up your mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

RJM22 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was going to join a gym to do some deadlifting next year but then I remembered that I heard DIT has a gym.

Does anyone know if any of the DITs have an Olympic set that I could use to deadlift with please?

I'm based in Bolton Street

Huh?

Proper Olympic sets are incredibly expensive and not a requirement for deadlifting.

Why would you join a gym just to deadlift??

I have. I can tell that you're either quite bad at it or you're just trying to cover up your mistake.

Big deal I made a spelling mistake,get over it,you need to pump yourself up to make up for your little brain DIT boy.

PS:If you actually had any intelligence you would have coped on that my last post was in reply to someone else.
    :D

Hi,

I'm based in Bolton Street

You forgot a full stop.
    Duhhhh!!!!!!

Right which is why I was in the library today writing my thesis?...Slumlion you are without doubt the biggest tool I have ever come across on the net.

itsallaboutheL for me an Olympic set is a requirement for deadlifting. I know they're expensive, that's why I was hoping to find a set in DIT somewhere. It's the only strength exercise (with plyometrics) I do for sprinting. The idea is to keep the weight off and the power up.

Anyway my question has been answered so I'd like to leave the discussion at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Right which is why I was in the library today writing my thesis?...Slumlion you are without doubt the biggest tool I have ever come across on the net.

itsallaboutheL for me an Olympic set is a requirement for deadlifting. I know they're expensive, that's why I was hoping to find a set in DIT somewhere. It's the only strength exercise (with plyometrics) I do for sprinting. The idea is to keep the weight off and the power up.

Anyway my question has been answered so I'd like to leave the discussion at that.

As in deadlifting light???

Theres no way a coach directed you to only deadlift for sprinting....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

amd so it ends before nastinest ensues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement