Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's that lassie? Will fell down the Well? (Will's Spotlight)

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Firstly, do you know how to fix my wireless adapter?! :mad:

anyway, have to re-write questions again!

Do your modifications make you feel more confident/comfortable in yourself?

Do you see what piercings suit people who don't have them?

Does it annoy you when people have piercings that are clearly horrible on them or they wear the wrong jewellery in them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

dearg lady wrote: »
    i read through the four pages now I've forgotten the questions, dammit! Hope I'm not repeating.... best festival you've ever been to?
    drink of choice??

Best festival music wise would be slane when the red hot chilli peppers played, queens of the stone age were supporting along with the foo fighters. Greatest gig ever.

Every december lyon has a festival of lights and light up the city. It's amazing and so serene.

Drink of choice - Miller, erdinger or paulaner. Prefer the last two.
    Cocktails would be a long island ice tea cos they're so potent
    i also like orange juice with bits in it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

What is your favourite stone?

Are there any mods you particularly like but wouldn't get yourself? And why?

jenizzle wrote: »
    Firstly, do you know how to fix my wireless adapter?! :mad:

anyway, have to re-write questions again!

Do your modifications make you feel more confident/comfortable in yourself?

Do you see what piercings suit people who don't have them?

Does it annoy you when people have piercings that are clearly horrible on them or they wear the wrong jewellery in them?

wireless adapter - probably not, maybe.

My piercings make me feel more comfortable in my skin yeah. I have control over how I look and have altered myself somewhat to fit the mold of what I want to look like. I got my big labret piece in today and felt so happy about it, bit sad huh :)

Yeah I look at people and in my mind pick out what would suit them piercing wise all the time. Usually on the bus where I can get a good view of people. Was looking at an old man the other day who had THE beefiest lobes ever and his ears were perfect for stretching, was jealous. I know he wouldn't have been happy with stretched lobes though :pac:

It doesn't annoy me when people have piercings that don't suit them no. If they're happy then that's all that matters. But like above I could probably think of something that would better suit themselves. Wrong types of jewellery just make me shudder, because it's most likely causing quite a big level of discomfort for the wearer :(

One guy that sticks out, he had I'd say a 1" lobe, it was all red, blotchy and blown out. There was no lobe left, was all blowout and about enveloped his plug. Easily the sickest thing I've ever seen.

Keep up with the questions people :) Got loads I wasn't expecting, and few i was haha

Gauge wrote: »
    What is your favourite stone?

Are there any mods you particularly like but wouldn't get yourself? And why?

Favourite stone, hmmm at the moment probably rutilated quartz with loads of inclusions

fine_cut_rutilated_quartz_shape_price_per_piece_jmu77.jpg

Really like amber but pretty sure it doesn't qualify. Jadeite is really tickling my fancy lately and will probably splash out on a custom piece of jewellery from onetribe.

I like subtle things on the face of it, but when you inspect it closer sh¡t just shines :) haha

Anything I like that I wouldn't get done. Probably sub clavicles cos they're so dangerous, but could just get micro's to mimic the visual effect.
    I like facial tattoos but would never dream of it, same with hand tattooing etc.
    The harder side of things like genital bisection etc isn't for me, but wouldn't be put off by branding, scarring, implants etc and tbh will probably get them in time.

Tongue splits im not sure about, still debating that in my head. It's sort of funny, someone commented about finger implants and said i think it's too extreme. The person laughed and said you've a stretched labret and huge ears what are you talking about :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Will wrote: »
    Best festival music wise would be slane when the red hot chilli peppers played, queens of the stone age were supporting along with the foo fighters. Greatest gig ever.

Oh that was brilliant gig!! PJ Harvey was there that year too i think, she' lovely. Speakin of which, who's your favourite female vocalist?

dearg lady wrote: »
    Oh that was brilliant gig!! PJ Harvey was there that year too i think, she' lovely. Speakin of which, who's your favourite female vocalist?

At the moment it's this fine lady and her melodic voice. This is her best known song me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

What gauge are your lobes and labret at now? Do you plan to stretch them any further?

My lobes are 25mm or 1" and staying put for a very long time.
    My labret is 9mm tall and 13mm wide, oval in shape. Will be going 3mm wider and that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

At the moment it's this fine lady and her melodic voice. This is her best known song me thinks.

Go watch the video I posted on my facebook earlier!

Then answer this question: What is your signature cooking dish?

• Advertisement

Signature cooking dish, I do enjoy a good stir fry.

I get a nice a nice piece of steak, slice it up in relatively thin pieces then let it breathe for a bit while i prepare the rest of the stuff.

Marinade for the steak could be anything, usually involves olive oil, some curry powders and corn starch to thicken it. The rest you can make yourself, whichever ya fancy. Once marinade is good to go lash it with the steak and let it sit for a while longer.

Get your veg, whatever ya like and chop finely. Carrots i cut into long diagonal strips, easier to cook and give a nice crisp bite. I recommend some bamboo shoots too and the crispy nuts (forget their name)

I get some garlic and ginger, and either dice it or again cut very finely or usually just grate it.

So you've all your main ingredients there and ready to roll (minus the rice which should be done in a rice cooker)

Heat the wok and add a bit of oil, they heat up crazy quick so don't ass about long. Add in some ginger and garlic, should sizzle but not burn. Wait about 20 seconds or until you can smell the aromas over the wok then add in the veg, stuff that will cook slower first, and moving along.

Once they're all nice and good, i usually throw them in a bowl and then heat the wok higher, and add in some more oil then add in the meat. Again won't take long until all is cooked, tear apart to check its cooked through. Lower heat and add in remainder of your sauce. Seperate the meat out to the sides to create a lil well in the middle of the wok. there the sauce will get thicker, once it's at a consistency you like mash everything together again haha. Add back in your veg to reheat.

At this stage you can either add in the rice, or serve seperately on a plate. If you have 2 woks you don't have to ass about with removing stuff and adding it and get it done in no time at all.

I've way more including nice pies and steaks but that's the easiest. Most of the time is in the preperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Do you like animals? If so what's your favourite?

Also if you could be re-incarnated(sorry if I spelt that wrong) what would you like to come back as?

Oh and eh what's your favourite colour?

jinxycat wrote: »
    Do you like animals? If so what's your favourite?

Also if you could be re-incarnated(sorry if I spelt that wrong) what would you like to come back as?

Oh and eh what's your favourite colour?

Yeah really like animals, lots. Has to be dogs. Have two mutts here. Molly who is a sheepdog labrador mix who is almost 3 i think. Cailín is 14 and is a weird mix of a labrador and a bulldog, build of a labrador so stocky but head and body of a labrador.

I'd like to come back as a bird of some sort. To be able to fly would be awesome, or maybe a fish or whale. That'd also be quite cool

Favourite colour, some deep blue type colour

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

if you could go back in time and kill somebody, who would you kill!?

The parents of the woman in the AIB ad...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Who's your favourite boardsie?

*puppy dog eyes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Tequila or Sambuca?

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Who's your favourite boardsie?

*puppy dog eyes*

I dunno, don't really have a favourite. Very diplomatic answer huh :)

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Tequila or Sambuca?

In this case I would go for the lesser of two evils, and that would be sambuca. Preferably lit. I can't handle shots too well anymore and when I do drink them it gets messy very fast.

Drank a shot of tequila last thursday and almost lost it all, had to chug a beer to get the taste out of my mouth haha. I prefer to stick to beer or captain morgans spiced rum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Leonardo, Donnatello, Michelangelo or Ralphael?

• Advertisement

Teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-wise it was always Donatello. He was nerdy, could fix stuff and was pretty handy with his stick :pac: lol

Artist wise it would have to be Michaelangelo, his sculptures are world class and so are his paintings. Was in the sistine chapel and it really is a work of art.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

If you found lets say 5grand in the morning what would you do with it?

So many options, most likely head on a trip around the world or something. Hit up the middle east and asia.

Would also be tempted to buy a really nice dj set with cdj's, nice mixer and some whopper speakers :D then throw a massive party.

Or maybe go to one of the top artists in the world and get a savage back piece

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Do you have your lobes stretched,if so,how big?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Do you have your lobes stretched,if so,how big?

Kersmash asked this already, yesterday...
    My lobes are 25mm or 1" and staying put for a very long time.
    My labret is 9mm tall and 13mm wide, oval in shape. Will be going 3mm wider and that's it.

Will, do I have to follow up with another question now that I answered one for ye?!

uhm I don't mind, head is currently melting trying to get my project to work >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Dream occupation?

Most embarrasing moment?

Favourite Position...... in a game of soccer????:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Best animal you ever had for a pet?
    If you go back in time and be in any movie, what movie would it be?

vangoz wrote: »
    Dream occupation?

Most embarrasing moment?

Favourite Position...... in a game of soccer????:D

Had the dream of being a body piercer for a long while but that didn't really come into fruition unfortunately. I'm thinking of doing a course in jewellery design and goldsmithing but it's real hard to get into and waiting back to hear from course coordinators. Honestly I've no clue anymore.

plenty of embarassing moments, like getting crapped on by a sea gull in my old school. Happened to at least 1 person every lunch break.

I used to play in goals in soccer, don't really play much and haven't since the age of about 13 lol

• Advertisement

skywards wrote: »
    Best animal you ever had for a pet?
    If you go back in time and be in any movie, what movie would it be?

Had a pet duck named admiral when I was small, he rawked. I have pics to prove it somewhere in an old family album. I'm pretty fond of my dogs, they're always happy to see me.

Movies, hmm, I would like to be in... jurassic park? I dunno, not much of a movie person tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement