Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any place in the city I could pick up a Sega Mega Drive?

Options
  • 03-08-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

The only place so far I have thought of is Cash Converters. Is there any other shops around which are worth having a look in? I used to have a mega drive and loads of games, maybe 30 or 40 all in great condition but a few years ago I got rid of them all. Now I wish I hadn't. :(

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

you can buy all kinds of old consoles and games in a shop on north main street, cant remember the name but its obvious as it has loads of games in the window, I got a dreamcast in there which I have wanted for ages:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭ronrar

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    you can buy all kinds of old consoles and games in a shop on north main street, cant remember the name but its obvious as it has loads of games in the window, I got a dreamcast in there which I have wanted for ages:D

Interesting. Does anyone know the name of the shop?

Where exactly is it on north main street?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

luckily i kept all my consoles since the sega mega drive till now :D but i think ill be looking in that shop soon enough for more games..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭mega man

ya ill sell ya one. unwanted gift. mint condition. still in box. 150euro

Its a small bit up on the street across from mad, You can ever order rare games that ya might want. If ya want Ps1 / megadrive / dreamcast / snes games you will love it + they have every console in there even the old ataris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Try Cash converters or the Echo free ads on a tuesday... Failing that you can order new mega drive consoles on the likes of Play.com with 150 classic games built in. Or if that does not work then just download emulators onto your PC and away you go with some retro action...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

going to cork tommarow so where is this place then if i go from the city center

I drove down there a while ago and couldn't spot the place. Does anyone know the name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭camero

nead info fast going to cork tommarow

all I can remember is its painted yellow and has loads of ds and psp games in the front window, I think its called cent wise, not 100% certain though.

• Advertisement

I think I'll go in again tomorrow when everything is open and take a walk around. I'll post the name of the place if I find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

The name of the shop is Cent Wise, it is just across the road from Tony's Bistro. I went in there today as I was curious after reading this thread.

The Megadrives are 89 Euro including cables. If you had the cables already he said he could do it a bit cheaper so if you are any good at haggling it could be worth a try.

@mudokon

did they have any dreamcasts I was thinking of buying one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    @mudokon

did they have any dreamcasts I was thinking of buying one

I didn't see any in there, they have more stuff upstairs but I never went up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

mega man wrote: »
    ya ill sell ya one. unwanted gift. mint condition. still in box. 150euro
    That's pretty high, I picked up a new Gamecube last month for $60 canadian.

Advertisement