Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

scotchy wrote: »
    ^^^

Is it difficult to get insurance for a modified bike like that?

I've been asked if my bikes have original screens, exhausts etc.

I've declared lots of performance mods and doesn't seem to make much difference at all.
    I suppose it's better to tell them in case you ever need to make a claim they can't use it against you.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

mufflets2 wrote: »
    Thing of beauty is a joy forever, Eh!

Nice Rickman Trident fairing.

The sidelights/indicators are from a Renault 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Only issue with them is the polo mint water pump seal, which can be got aftermarket now instead of buying the entire pump from Honda.
    I think it might actually be the same in the NT series as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

blade1 wrote: »
    The top one is a cx500c (c for custom) and the bottom is a standard cx500.
    The top one has a smaller back wheel and a teardrop tank as well as some other differences.

Wondering if the momoshock one is a standard one with just the running gear and tank from the custom..the tank doesn't sit flat like that and I think the custom frame is slightly different...I stand to be corrected tho..

Wondering if the momoshock one is a standard one with just the running gear and tank from the custom..the tank doesn't sit flat like that and I think the custom frame is slightly different...I stand to be corrected tho..

It's a possibility alright.
    It's a fair mixed bag of parts.

• Advertisement

It's a possibility alright.
    It's a fair mixed bag of parts.

Like most builds...:D

Like most builds...:D

I'd have to have the wheels matching anyway! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

I've never posted a pic of this bike here, faithful old girl never misses a beat and has never failed me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭mufflets2

macplaxton wrote: »
    Nice Rickman Trident fairing.

The sidelights/indicators are from a Renault 4.

Seriously. Ya they do look oversized!

Would have guessed that too. but the slightly smaller back wheel is probably too much of a coincidence

• Advertisement

Would have guessed that too. but the slightly smaller back wheel is probably too much of a coincidence

If it was my bike I'd have gone with the fat back wheel too..but with spokes..even if it was just a cx ...

This is mine.....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Seriously. Ya they do look oversized!

Yup.

In the late 1990s, I had a Kawasaki GT750 with a Rickman Trident fairing when I was courier in London. (Far right, the one in the middle was my MZ ETZ 150 (with replacement ETZ 125 engine)

4566646468_8535815115_z.jpg
    SKR679H 002 by macplaxton, on Flickr

I was missing a half a lens on one side, but noted that the manufacturer was Cibie and one opposite pair of corners is square, the other curved like so:

02166_m.jpg

(Not being able to just Google it!) I spent the next couple of weeks whilst riding round eyeballing various French cars, then I had the lightbulb moment when I saw a pristine 17 year old 1982 R4 for sale at a Renault dealer in N22 (It was pricey at £2995). Anyway, I went in to see the parts bloke and he ordered me one in, the complete lens was about £5 and came with two new screws as well. :D

This is mine.....

That's a beautiful thing, Did you build it?? or were you involved in the build?

That's a beautiful thing, Did you build it?? or were you involved in the build?

I wish....i'm not that talented...i have it as a screensaver, its the closest i'll get to it....:o

I wish....i'm not that talented...i have it as a screensaver, its the closest i'll get to it....:o

Never say never, its basically a cx500 with a set of forks from some sports bike a spoke conversion, a monoshock and other bits :)

Never say never, its basically a cx500 with a set of forks from some sports bike a spoke conversion, a monoshock and other bits :)

That's the spirit.
    You'll have yours finished in no time with that attitude! :D

That's the spirit.
    You'll have yours finished in no time with that attitude! :D

Im not sure you being sarcastic- if not then thanks.

Bish bash bosh...Lic of paint, lic of paint...sorted in no time...:D

Bish bash bosh...Lic of paint, lic of paint...sorted in no time...:D

Wish it were that easy, U built any?

Wish it were that easy,

Have you an hour...:P

• Advertisement

Im not sure you being sarcastic.

Not at all,I wish you all the best with it.
    I keep trying to buy my old one back off my brother but he won't sell it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Don't. Buy from someone else.. Sold a bike to my brother, didn't get paid for it for years, big fall out. Really wasn't worth it, had I known I'd have given him the bloody thing to save the family the grieve.

We're all good now.

Buy another bike.

Don't. Buy from someone else.. Sold a bike to my brother, didn't get paid for it for years, big fall out. Really wasn't worth it, had I known I'd have given him the bloody thing to save the family the grieve.

We're all good now.

Buy another bike.
    That wouldn't be an issue Mak :)
    I'd be only buying it as it was my bike originally.
    It's a bit of a moot point anyway as he won't sell.
    It not as if he even uses it but the problem is he's a hoarder so never sells anything.
    Even when he changed his car he wouldn't sell his old one;he'd rather it just rots away in the back garden.

That wouldn't be an issue Mak :)
    I'd be only buying it as it was my bike originally.
    It's a bit of a moot point anyway as he won't sell.
    It not as if he even uses it but the problem is he's a hoarder so never sells anything.
    Even when he changed his car he wouldn't sell his old one;he'd rather it just rots away in the back garden.

HEY....don't talk about me like that....:mad:

:D

HEY....don't talk about me like that....:mad:

:D
    That's all I'd need!!:p:pac:

Thanks a lot.

Maybe you could take your brothers dog hostage or something:p

Seem to remember someone on here starting a BMW caff racer a while back...any progress..???

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

That was me. Not much unfortunately and I've since moved out of the country! I agreed to sell it to a mate but he's done nothing to it so if anyone fancies a project - it' just needs bars, speedo, battery and then cosmetics, most of the parts are there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Anyone have pictures of their bike ?

• Advertisement

2u71rsx.jpg

*not my bike

Advertisement