Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

That Thruxton deserves a photo shoot.. Beautiful

Cheers :)
    Im kinda biased, but I think its the best looking bike I have owned & I wouldn't change anything on it. Though I did just remove those stupid US fork reflectors.

Will try take some decent pics with a good camera and throw them up

P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

20190516-144954.jpg
    20190517-140835.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

R1_Pete wrote: »
    Sure
    It’s a Thruxton R1200
    Was painted in the UK & used as a demo bike by triumph. I bought it from a dealer in Huddersfield about two year ago.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 35 JCbiker

My baby - 2007 Kawasaki ninja zx6r

IMG_20190409_214451_938_zpsvyzoh2dp.jpg

IMG_20190529_224155_416_zpsg9ogorih.jpg

FB_IMG_1559288447932_zpsr2v8svap.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

JCbiker wrote: »
    My baby - 2007 Kawasaki ninja zx6r
    IMG_20190529_224155_416_zpsg9ogorih.jpg

Pssst!!! Wanna go for a ride?! :D

• Advertisement

Colm17RvB wrote: »
    Pssst!!! Wanna go for a ride?! :D

Or as I called it, peek a boo 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

After completing my IBT nearly 2 months ago, I finally bit the bullet and bought my first ever bike the weekend... was looking around for a while for something i could sit my A License on and also something that i would get insured on without having to sell the kids. Settled on the NC700x, which seemed to tick most of the boxes. fairly happy with it so far, although im still fairly nervous on it (esp in the rain) but gaining confidence with every spin. It came with 2 Side panniers, so tomorrow im going to leave the car behind and take it to work..provided its not torrential rain in the morning.
    IMG-6419.jpg
    IMG-6421.jpg
    IMG-6425.jpg

allybhoy wrote: »
    After completing my IBT nearly 2 months ago, I finally bit the bullet and bought my first ever bike the weekend... was looking around for a while for something i could sit my A License on and also something that i would get insured on without having to sell the kids. Settled on the NC700x, which seemed to tick most of the boxes. fairly happy with it so far, although im still fairly nervous on it (esp in the rain) but gaining confidence with every spin. It came with 2 Side panniers, so tomorrow im going to leave the car behind and take it to work..provided its not torrential rain

From looking at the specs for A licence it must meet the following criteria.
    Minimum 595cc - check
    Minimum 175kg - check
    Minimum 50 kws power, figures im seeing for this bike are 38kw so if you sat your test in this bike you'd only get an A2. Im open to correction on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you had a provisional A, but then get the A2 due to the bike if you go in and get the actual licence the do you now have a provisional A and a full A2.

Otherwise as a learner, could you legally ride to the NDLS office on your provisional A then get the licence and then not be able to leave on the same bike as it's above the A2.

Varik wrote: »
    If you had a provisional A, but then get the A2 due to the bike if you go in and get the actual licence the do you now have a provisional A and a full A2.

Otherwise as a learner, could you legally ride to the NDLS office on your provisional A then get the licence and then not be able to leave on the same bike as it's above the A2.

If issued we an Full A2 licence due to bike not meeting 50kw requirement then your A provisional would still be valid.

Sure you would get a pass cert for A2 but still have to apply for licence

• Advertisement

After completing my IBT nearly 2 months ago, I finally bit the bullet and bought my first ever bike the weekend... was looking around for a while for something i could sit my A License on and also something that i would get insured on without having to sell the kids. Settled on the NC700x, which seemed to tick most of the boxes. fairly happy with it so far, although im still fairly nervous on it (esp in the rain) but gaining confidence with every spin. It came with 2 Side panniers, so tomorrow im going to leave the car behind and take it to work..provided its not torrential rain in the morning.

Grats on completing the IBT and the new wheels. Loads to learn now, by getting the miles down you'll gain confidence every day. Try and get out with others or groups where you'll learn the most. The bike is an A2 category which is is a pity because you had the right idea and i would encourage new riders to get a bike suitable for the A. But you can rent a bike on the day of the test, not ideal but not a major issue either. Panniers are great but limit filtering so look at getting a top box if you can.

Varik wrote: »

You would have a leaner permit and driving license in that scenario, your learner permit for A and the full license with any categories that you have passed.

Feck, didnt realise the power was also taken into consideration. Ah well, its still a fairly big \ heavy bike though compared to something like a 250 or 400cc so renting a bike for a pre test and test shouldnt be too much of an issue. Made the commute to work this morning, roughly 30km with a mixture of backroads, motorway, and then village traffic. I was nervous but made it ok, didnt bother filtering in and out, just left a little earlier then i would have if i had of taken the car and stayed behind traffic. I was constantly worried though about visibility but it was fine. Couldnt get the bike to start this morning for a good 5 mins, i thought the battery had died over night and was panicking , then remembered the kicstand was up :) I was trying to start it and leave it idling for a few mins before i left to warm it up.... wont forget that again....

Feck, didnt realise the power was also taken into consideration. Ah well, its still a fairly big \ heavy bike though compared to something like a 250 or 400cc so renting a bike for a pre test and test shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Indeed, you could throw the leg over a CBF600 test bike and it would be nothing to you.

zubair wrote: »
    Indeed, you could throw the leg over a CBF600 test bike and it would be nothing to you.

That was the bike i done my IBT on and had no issue with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,362 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No point leaving a bike to warm up these days, with synthetic oil and fuel injection - it just wastes fuel.
    You'll get the oil up to temperature quicker by riding it, anyway - keep the revs to a max of about halfway until water temp reaches normal - that's less than a km on my bike even with no warming up period.

Scrap the cap!

wont forget that again....

yes you will.:p

yes you will.:p

Haha, your probably right. This is proabably more suited to the general chat, but does the thrill of going for a spin ever wear off? I literally am counting down the hours until i can get back on it.I dont even mind the rain that much.. although im sure that will change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

but does the thrill of going for a spin ever wear off?

Not for the last 30+ years it hasn't for me anyway.

I commute 100km daily in 4 seasons and enjoy it 99% of the time. It's a great buzz, no doubt about it,

Lunch break just means an opportunity to take her for a spin 😁
    Weather changed 30 mins later - RAIN

20190606_160122_zpskisvjl5j.jpg

• Advertisement

Gorgeous... bar the massive bird **** on it.

Gorgeous... bar the massive bird **** on it.

Its good luck 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Bigserious1

Gave it a decent clean today after a month of ownership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

lkVvgm6.jpg

Off to Wales for a few days camping, every time I go, I bring poxy weather with me

Decided to clean the bike up a bit and remove stickers.

IMG_20190610_233833_132_zpsvlixyjow.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

JCbiker wrote: »
    Decided to clean the bike up a bit and remove stickers.
    Looks way better, I don't stick anything on my bikes now unless someone pays me to put it there.
    Cleaner look and that birdshít wasn't doing it any favours.:pac:

Jaysus it's a different colour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Up the Vee this morning

eqcb3d.jpg

2d2aj2q.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Making use of the day.

sdA3CVn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Took some pics of my wife's 2016 RNineT at the weekend after she did some detailing.

484061.jpg

484062.jpg

484064.jpg

484065.jpg

484066.jpg

Its got criminally low mileage so she's decided to put it up for sale.

Advertisement