Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

grahambo wrote: »
    New Pony....

485394.jpg

Just after it's first wash...

Sweet,how are you finding it so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2d940439357a4b2e3da7b5&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

blade1 wrote: »
    Sweet,how are you finding it so far?

It's fast!
    Even limited to 8500 rpm

Also the noise of it.
    Sounds like a Messerschmitt BF 109!!!!

I'm so glad I bought it, instead of the new S1000RR.
    There seems to be issues with the new Beamer.

Demand and Recall issues, (also issues they're not telling us about)

If you ordered a Beamer today, you'd be lucky to get it by 2020

grahambo wrote: »
    It's fast!
    Even limited to 8500 rpm

Also the noise of it.
    Sounds like a Messerschmitt BF 109!!!!

I'm so glad I bought it, instead of the new S1000RR.
    There seems to be issues with the new Beamer.

Demand and Recall issues, (also issues they're not telling us about)

If you ordered a Beamer today, you'd be lucky to get it by 2020
    Lovely!!!
    My plan for a V4 Aprilia has suffered a setback when I couldn't resist a Tuono Racing a few weeks ago.
    I'll just have to wait another while.
    Well wear with it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Jaysus I love Aprilias! If I could afford it I'd love a Tuono

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

One of the new heap - still running in (have to take it handy as have to wait for 8th August for the first service). Have added a few bits so far - Evotech swingarm and fork spools, Powerparts seat and a Pyramid hugger extender. The big stuff is waiting to go on just before the first service (full Akra system, filter, steering damper, Ohlins shock).

Hurry up August 8th!

48301508707_39bd8b3afd_k.jpgDSC_0165 by

Who wore it better!?
    batman_oh wrote: »
    48267749756_a4c9e85962_k.jpg

485456.jpg
    48267829037_fa01684667_k.jpg

485455.jpg
    48267830292_754c897240_k.jpg

485457.jpg
    48267832597_b05a127c0d_k.jpg

485454.jpg

FFS you even have the same tyres and registration plate.

This thread has just got creepy!!!:eek::pac:

blade1 wrote: »
    This thread has just got creepy!!!:eek::pac:

I thought I heard somebody prowling in my bins last night :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

125 Duke!

I joke, 1290 super adventure, easy mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Just picked up my new pony also....

Can you tell what it is yet? ;)

Fine machine - where did you buy it? Have you made a long list of farkles to buy for it yet? :D

KTM make lovely bikes but give it a good coating of ACF-50 if you want to keep it fresh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Just picked up my new pony also....

Can you tell what it is yet? ;)

Russian tractor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

On the way home from work today and decided to shelter from the rain

485519.jpg

Crap light for the photo, but feck it.

BMW R1200GS at Dollymount/Bull Island

Did you forget to check the forecast? Don't forget your wet gear on Friday.

Those KTM's must be savage. I'm seeing loads of them around lately. Are the slightly older 1290's good? May consider one next year budget allowing.

Fine machine - where did you buy it? Have you made a long list of farkles to buy for it yet? :D

KTM make lovely bikes but give it a good coating of ACF-50 if you want to keep it fresh!!

I got the bells and whistles on her, full quick shifter up and down plus the auto blipper and MTC & MSR.

KTM alarm cost me a fortune but needed it for Insurance.

Wings Exhaust on Order.
    Puig Touring Screen on Order (they close for the whole month of July FFS!)

Currently looking for best looking luggage but no rush....and I will get the powerparts seat and spots when I bring her back for 1st service.

• Advertisement

Those KTM's must be savage. I'm seeing loads of them around lately. Are the slightly older 1290's good? May consider one next year budget allowing.

TBH, I have no idea....I test rode the 1190 and the 1090 in McCallans open days before and while the engine was savage they were a tad dated.

I must have test road about 10 new bikes before settling on this, I was a heartbeat away from a brand new BMW s1000xr but after test riding 3 different s1000xr's all of them had my hands wrecked from vibration after 30mins.

I test rode the New Tiger 1200, Tiger sport 1050, Tiger 800, New BMW 1250, New Versys 1000, New V strom 1000, New Africa Twin and the New Ducati 1250/60 and a few others.

If I did not get the KTM I would have the new Versys 1000 GT (with TFT Screen) in a heartbeat its a fabulous bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I got the bells and whistles on her,

That Powerparts seat is essential IMHO - I don't know why they don't fit them as standard.

Well wear and ride safe!

Sweet! Well wear wonda! Looking forward to seeing it in the metal.

That Powerparts seat is essential IMHO - I don't know why they don't fit them as standard.

Well wear and ride safe!

Purely an utterly to keep the price down to compete with the beemers, I nearly had a heart attack paying for the slipper clutch and and all that when he told me its all already on the bike IT JUST HAS TO BE ACTIVATED BY THE SOFTWARE!!!

Can you imagine not having the dosh for the extra packs and knowing it already pre fitted to the bike :mad::mad::mad:

Also I think its piss poor they charging for the app to use the in built nav and bluetooth options for phones etc after paying the guts of 20K..I mean its an 8 euro app ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Purely an utterly to keep the price down to compete with the beemers, I nearly had a heart attack paying for the slipper clutch and and all that when he told me its all already on the bike IT JUST HAS TO BE ACTIVATED BY THE SOFTWARE!!!

Can you imagine not having the dosh for the extra packs and knowing it already pre fitted to the bike :mad::mad::mad:

Also I think its piss poor they charging for the app to use the in built nav and bluetooth options for phones etc after paying the guts of 20K..I mean its an 8 euro app ffs!

That's what puts me off them as a brand. It's like the whole DLC stuff with PS4 and XBOX. The content is already there , you just pay to unlock it.

D3V!L wrote: »
    That's what puts me off them as a brand. It's like the whole DLC stuff with PS4 and XBOX. The content is already there , you just pay to unlock it.

This is every Extra that KTM make for their new bikes
    They all need to be activated by software, slipper clutch, quick shifter, etc, etc

It's cheaper to design and make one engine spec and be able to turn bits of it on and off than it is to make an engines with a bunch of interchangeable components based on what the customer wants to buy.

It also ensures there are no delays in specific models/extras (as they are all the same). (BMW S1000RR M-Package springs to mind)

As far as I am aware a dealer needs a code from KTM to turn on a feature/extra.

I don't see anything wrong with it to be fair.
    It means that down the road if you want the feature all they have to do is turn it on after you paid for it.

Wonda, you could have downloaded all the extras on kickass torrents :pac:

Jesus I had no idea they were setup like that. That would be a deal breaker for me, too cheeky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Give it time, someone will crack the code

• Advertisement

Give it time, someone will crack the code

They are 3 years into the Superduke's and nobody has done it yet. It's scaldy for sure but they are copying what BMW started with packs etc. And even the Japanese have started offering Quickshifters and things as optional extras now. Might as well follow on what the market leaders are doing (BMW).

Advertisement