Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

batman_oh wrote: »
    They are 3 years into the Superduke's and nobody has done it yet. It's scaldy for sure but they are copying what BMW started with packs etc. And even the Japanese have started offering Quickshifters and things as optional extras now. Might as well follow on what the market leaders are doing (BMW).

No one else is installing the hardware and making you pay to use it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

D3V!L wrote: »
    No one else is installing the hardware and making you pay to use it though.

What's the difference if you are still paying either way though? It just makes it easier to get the stuff when you do.
    They could leave it off and charge you to put it on - would that be any better?

You aren't getting it without giving them extra regardless - it just seems worse because they install it all to start with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This is why I'm happy to spend on older cheaper bikes, clutch, brakes, lights, gas and when my ass gets sore I pull over for a coffee. My GPS is a piece of paper taped to the tank and my phone stays in my pack in my top box.

Oh, when I get bored I whistle :)

Lovely bike Wanda, way too expensive and too much bike for me :)

Does it wheelie mister?. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

This is why I'm happy to spend on older cheaper bikes, clutch, brakes, lights, gas and when my ass gets sore I pull over for a coffee. My GPS is a piece of paper taped to the tank and my phone stays in my pack in my top box.

Oh, when I get bored I whistle :)

Lovely bike Wanda, way too expensive and too much bike for me :)

Does it wheelie mister?. :p

Cheers for the well wishes Macker, its far too much bike for me also but I will gladly embrace the safety features and wonderful suspension and immense engine.....it was a one in a lifetime experience for me. The cash chips just so happened to fall my way for one in my life so I went for it.

Some peeps get a new bike feeling every year or so and kudos to them no judgement....but that was never an option for me.

I have a champagne lifestyle on lemonade money!!!!

lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

The run in is the worst - I couldn't get the first service booked in before 8th August so have had to really keep the mileage in check. Did 360km on the first day and have had to limit it to short spins since - at 560 at the moment.
    At least it will still wheelie in 2nd gear off the power at 3000rpm totally stock without needing to go over 6500rpm :pac:

Still - it's fun for backroads

48317425012_0ada2965c5_k.jpgDSC_0187 by

I hear you, but 1st world problems eh!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

batman_oh wrote: »
    At least it will still wheelie in 2nd gear off the power at 3000rpm totally stock without needing to go over 6500rpm :pac:

Still - it's fun for backroads

The roll-on power is unreal - you just keep kicking gears at it and it just roars off over the horizon. I have 1,700km on mine and the thrust is flipping addictive - TCS off, sport mode on, point it toward the coast and go killing flies...

Duc.jpg

Dug this out of the back of the shed for a spin. Started first touch of the button, clutch sounds like a broken cement mixer.
    Organic motoring at its best, horrible to ride slowly, sublime at high speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Lovely!
    Whats it like to live with?

• Advertisement

H_Lime wrote: »
    Lovely!
    Whats it like to live with?

Me? Its an old Ducati - if you look after it and keep it maintained it'll reward you by failing catastrophically when you least expect it.

It is uncomfortable in the way all sportsbikes are, the pegs are too high and the bars too far away but it is narrow so you slot into it nicely. On the road the mirrors are useless, the heat from the exhaust will render you sterile and the lights are rubbish.

All this means nothing once you open the throttle and it thumps off like a frightened greyhound, cornering like a laser-guided surgeons blade and feeding information back to every sense like a high speed internet connection.

I love it but its a bit like riding your mates wife, massive fun but eventually it'll end up costing a lot of money and making you sad.

Me? Its an old Ducati - if you look after it and keep it maintained it'll reward you by failing catastrophically when you least expect it.

It is uncomfortable in the way all sportsbikes are, the pegs are too high and the bars too far away but it is narrow so you slot into it nicely. On the road the mirrors are useless, the heat from the exhaust will render you sterile and the lights are rubbish.

All this means nothing once you open the throttle and it thumps off like a frightened greyhound, cornering like a laser-guided surgeons blade and feeding information back to every sense like a high speed internet connection.

I love it but its a bit like riding your mates wife, massive fun but eventually it'll end up costing a lot of money and making you sad.

A dangerous ride is a goodie lol. Reminds me of a Woodie Allen movie.
    Rode a 916 once before years ago. Loved the clocks and sound and as you say the fluted tank, could almost knock your knees together.
    My own 1ltwin felt like it has 20 horse on it which turned out to be true on dyno but yeah it was a special yoke all the same. Yer man was fast as fcuk on it anyway despite my horses ha!

Are belts difficult to change and is there servicing engine wise beyond what you'd expect not owing a Ducati?

If it were me I'd destickerify her,... I know, I know wouldn't be the internets if you didn't have somone suggesting changes to your machine. Is it an official infostrada rep model like?
    Either way a beautiful yoke and a rewarding machine to get the best from. More pics of work undertaken plz.

Rode a 916 once before years ago. Are belts difficult to change and is there servicing engine wise beyond what you'd expect not owing a Ducati? If it were me I'd destickerify her,...
    Is it an official infostrada rep model like? More pics of work undertaken plz.

First off its a 748 - a more revvy, less explodey version of the bike with a biposto subframe so its less likely to collapse under my 15 stone frame. I bought it exactly as you see it, I changed the oil and it came with fresh belts so I'm not touching them. Apparently they aren't difficult to change once you splash out on the Ducati belt tensioner tool.

The fairings were painted/stickered and lacquered so the Foggy/Bayliss/InfoStrada paint has to stay since I'm not arsed looking for replacements (and I like it!). Apart from fitting an open clutch cover and cleaning it to within an inch of factory fresh I haven't done anything to it so theres not much point in more pics - buy it and you can admire it in your own house...

2018-12-11-14-00-26.jpg

First off its a 748 - a more revvy, less explodey version of the bike with a biposto subframe so its less likely to collapse under my 15 stone frame. I bought it exactly as you see it, I changed the oil and it came with fresh belts so I'm not touching them. Apparently they aren't difficult to change once you splash out on the Ducati belt tensioner tool.

The fairings were painted/stickered and lacquered so the Foggy/Bayliss/InfoStrada paint has to stay since I'm not arsed looking for replacements (and I like it!). Apart from fitting an open clutch cover and cleaning it to within an inch of factory fresh I haven't done anything to it so theres not much point in more pics - buy it and you can admire it in your own house...

2018-12-11-14-00-26.jpg

Cool! An in gaff bike shrine.
    You're selling? Would love to buy it but I'd get my marching orders if another "appeared". That and my sportbike contortionist says are (largely) behind me. These days traillies are my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

It's been a while since I posted, but here is my new motor. Can't wait to get this out on Irish roads.

7eZ21c4.jpg?1

Absolute cracker!!!!

Stay safe and well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

Picked up the auld veganmobile yesterday. No match for a big street bike but I do love gucci ****.

sW5e8oQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Picked up the auld veganmobile yesterday. No match for a big street bike but I do love gucci ****.

sW5e8oQ.jpg

Sweet!
    Is the lack of noise easy to overcome?
    I can't even stand standard exhausts,I need them loud but other than that I would love one of those!

sW5e8oQ.jpg

How da fuq is that pulling your frame along Wiz? You must of got it off Doc Emmet Brown and he stuck on the flux capitor generationg 1.21 jigga whatts!!!!

Very nice, enjoy ya mad ecco warrior.

blade1 wrote: »
    Sweet!
    Is the lack of noise easy to overcome?
    I can't even stand standard exhausts,I need them loud but other than that I would love one of those!

I do like a bit of barp barp alright but this is mad. Sounds like a spaceship when you give it a bit of welly, but most of the noise is the knobblies on it. Pulls hard as well.

Once you keep riding around like you're invisible it shouldn't make a difference. I can't hear for **** at the best of times so having a chat with a lad at the lights last night was actually possible rather than me going "Wha'?" a lot.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    How da fuq is that pulling your frame along Wiz? You must of got it off Doc Emmet Brown and he stuck on the flux capitor generationg 1.21 jigga whatts!!!!

Very nice, enjoy ya mad ecco warrior.

110nm of torque vs. the S1000RR's 113nm. Pulls like a train.

I do like a bit of barp barp alright but this is mad. Sounds like a spaceship when you give it a bit of welly, but most of the noise is the knobblies on it. Pulls hard as well.

Once you keep riding around like you're invisible it shouldn't make a difference. I can't hear for **** at the best of times so having a chat with a lad at the lights last night was actually possible rather than me going "Wha'?" a lot.

I ride like I'm invisible anyway so that would be fine.
    Sounds like a spaceship?
    Now that's got me interested alright.
    Who sells them?

blade1 wrote: »
    I ride like I'm invisible anyway so that would be fine.
    Sounds like a spaceship?
    Now that's got me interested alright.
    Who sells them?

Franklin Motorcycles out in swords, only been doing them a few weeks. This is allegedly the first one sold in the country (assuming I'm not having smoke blown up me hole).

Franklin Motorcycles out in swords, only been doing them a few weeks. This is allegedly the first one sold in the country (assuming I'm not having smoke blown up me hole).

Lol well enjoy.
    Cool bike!

Well wear Grumpy.
    110nm is insane lol that thing must be a complete hooligan. How long does it last when yer hooning it? Whats the range?

Well wear Grumpy.
    110nm is insane lol that thing must be a complete hooligan. How long does it last when yer hooning it? Whats the range?

Only got it yesterday but based off complicated maths it looks like anywhere from 150-280km depending on how you ride it. Really does make a difference.

I ripped it around howth head last night and it took 10% off the battery straight up, then eco mode around town for nearly an hour was another 10%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Saw your YouTube upload today too. Well wear buddy!

zubair wrote: »
    Saw your YouTube upload today too. Well wear buddy!

Cheers!

For reference, here's the obligatory bi-annual channel plug:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Any of the tyre companies making special electric tyres for it?
    I know they make electric tyres for cars, the main difference being trying to reduce road noise, now that there is no engine noise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cheers!

For reference, here's the obligatory bi-annual channel plug:

You say 'fucking' a lot :pac:

Advertisement