Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

Picked her up earlier this year, such a great feeling to be back in the saddle:D

488926.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    Picked her up earlier this year, such a great feeling to be back in the saddle:D

488926.jpg

Nice!
    Is that the 900 yeah?

Edit: just spotted 750 on the tail piece! :rolleyes:

blade1 wrote: »
    Nice!
    Is that the 900 yeah?

Edit: just spotted 750 on the tail piece! :rolleyes:

Was just going to point it out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Look sweet, whats she like?

H_Lime wrote: »
    Look sweet, whats she like?

Nice pull from the bottom from the twin, it doesn't have the top end rush of a sports bike, but for road riding 95bhp is plenty. Very stable and confidence inspiring in corners. Brakes are sharp too, but with plenty of feel and the abs is a nice addition.

• Advertisement

Alter_Ego wrote: »
    Nice pull from the bottom from the twin, it doesn't have the top end rush of a sports bike, but for road riding 95bhp is plenty. Very stable and confidence inspiring in corners. Brakes are sharp too, but with plenty of feel and the abs is a nice addition.

Yeah it's a bike i could use where I live, backroad country blaster dealio. Looks like new!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

[URL="[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h6LSGt][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48635738787_100dddfbd3_k.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2h6LSGt]Puig Screen[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/wonda3oy/]Gary L[/url], on Flickr"][/url]48635738787_100dddfbd3_k.jpgPuig Screen by Gary L, on Flickr

New Screen for the beast, (Puig Vario Touring) other one was just tiny far to much durty air at pace. Virtually no wind at all till I start to hit silly o clock on the speedo.
    Highly recommened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭honda boi

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    [URL="[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h6LSGt][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48635738787_100dddfbd3_k.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2h6LSGt]Puig Screen[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/wonda3oy/]Gary L[/url], on Flickr"][/url]48635738787_100dddfbd3_k.jpgPuig Screen by Gary L, on Flickr

New Screen for the beast, (Puig Vario Touring) other one was just tiny far to much durty air at pace. Virtually no wind at all till I start to hit silly o clock on the speedo.
    Highly recommened
    What bike you have gar?

Have traded up since doing the test route with you HB, I just got a KTM 1290 SAS...and the smile just keeps getting bigger, really is a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭honda boi

Have traded up since doing the test route with you HB, I just got a KTM 1290 SAS...and the smile just keeps getting bigger, really is a cracker.

Ye if I remember correctly you had a bandit before was it?
    I remember before that you had an fz6.
    I'd say the it brings the hooligan out of ya!!!!

• Advertisement

honda boi wrote: »
    Ye if I remember correctly you had a bandit before was it?
    I remember before that you had an fz6.
    I'd say the it brings the hooligan out of ya!!!!

I had a yammy fz6, sprint 1050 St, GSXF1250 so it was only logical to go bigger and get the KTM1290 SAS.

Its a really well know fact in biking circles that the bigger the bike cc then the better the rider PMSL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Be interested to hear what you thought of the 1050 ST against those other bikes Wonda.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Sweet and look at those awesome DRLs. Must sort a spin soon, would love to see it in the metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

Cracker of a bike and know what you mean on the wide smiles, well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

My new (first!) yoke :D

20190829-121555.jpg

dmigsy wrote: »
    My new (first!) yoke :D

Odd but cool. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Should be fun around town. Where can you bolt the topbox??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Should go grand onto the rear mudguard :pac:

Do KTM own Husqvarna now? It used to be owned by a German company which makes extremely reliable and inexpensive machines ;)

Scrap the cap!

Do KTM own Husqvarna now? It used to be owned by a German company which makes extremely reliable and inexpensive machines ;)

Yeah, KTM own Husqvarna. It's basically a re-styled KTM 390 Duke. Same engine, chassis, brakes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Should go grand onto the rear mudguard :pac:

Husqvarna is split there is a motorcycle division which is separate to the powertool/home appliance section
    KTM have the Bike part and Electrolux own the other side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

That Husky is class! Wouldn't mind one of those myself. Had a good look around one at the bike show last November and thought it looked great. Have ya brought it for a decent spin yet? What's it like to ride?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Looks really tall..is it..??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Looks really tall..is it..??

Husqvarna Vitpilen 401?

sonic85 wrote: »
    That Husky is class! Wouldn't mind one of those myself. Had a good look around one at the bike show last November and thought it looked great. Have ya brought it for a decent spin yet? What's it like to ride?

Stuck a couple hundred km on it over the past couple of days. I'm a learner so haven't been thrashing it.

Very light to push around and manoeuvre. No issues there. It's a bit taller than I expected. I'm 5'9" and can't quite flat foot it.

It has an upright seating position, very comfortable but you defo get plenty of wind-blast at higher speeds. Reviews mentioned that the seat is a bit hard. I've found it perfectly comfortable but then I'm using to cycling road bikes with rock hard seats.

Really nice engine braking with the slipper clutch. Barely used the front brake yet tbh.

I haven't even really started to open up the throttle properly yet, plenty more power there to be explored once I get more comfortable with it. Been taking it very handy so far. Really happy with it so far.

Sweet machine Dmigsy and exciting times as it's your first, enjoy it and ride like yer both invisible!

20190831-104110.jpg
    Snuk out yday morn, great spin, plan was to get lost and i was successful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Sweet machine Dmigsy and exciting times as it's your first, enjoy it and ride like yer both invisible!

20190831-104110.jpg
    Snuk out yday morn, great spin, plan was to get lost and i was successful!

Mt. Melleray?

blade1 wrote: »
    Mt. Melleray?

Yep via clonmel, comeragh drive, newcastle, vee and home. Bumpty backroad heaven.

Be interested to hear what you thought of the 1050 ST against those other bikes Wonda.

No disrespect to the 1050ST its a good bike, I toured all over Europe on it with no issues. The triple engine is the best thing about the bike. And honestly it goes down hill from there imho. Its a very basic bike (I had 2010 year bike) with the worst headlights I have ever seen on a motorbike! They really are that bad...no ABS and luckily I had a aftermarket gel seat as the stock one is not great. I did not have too many reliability issues but I serviced it myself very regularly and keep it on a battery optimiser as the Triumph suffer terrible from cracking when starting them so they need a very strong battery!

Best bike I had was the GSXF1250....jesus the engine and torque on that was amazing.

The KTM is just not comparable tbh...for me a dream bike that I am very very lucky to be riding.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Yep via clonmel, comeragh drive, newcastle, vee and home. Bumpty backroad heaven.
    Handy little cafe in Mt Mellary or call to Parsons Green Holiday Park in Clogheen. Tasty toasties and good coffee

Advertisement