Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

All cleaned today but hopefully one will be full of crap again tomorrow :D

01_Large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Breezin

20191130-154400-bb.jpg

Skerries yesterday. Got the Interceptor 650 in July, with 1,400 or so miles on so far. Bog standard bar a small Puig screen -- and no complaints! :D
    Badly needs a wash now though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Lovely shot and lovely bike well wear.

H_Lime wrote: »
    Lovely shot and lovely bike well wear.
    Thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,369 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hanging your lid on the mirror can damage the foam liner! :eek:

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

Hanging your lid on the mirror can damage the foam liner! :eek:

Yeah maybe but have you considered that it looks super cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Have you considered all the ****e on the mirror now on the inside of your helmet!!

My mirrors are clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

After years of nothing but Motocross bikes, I finally got myself my provisional and Ibt, so picked this 400 the other day. I'm not gonna lie it's certainly not comfy for anything more than half an hr riding, and slow speed around the town etc is brutal, but none of that matters when you out and up above 10krpm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

All cleaned today but hopefully one will be full of crap again tomorrow :D

01_Large.jpg

R1150R, Himalyan....what's the bike on the right ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

R1150R, Himalyan....what's the bike on the right ?

It's a Yamaha Serow 250.

They are the Yamaha XT250 in the USA and other places.

They were never sold new in Ireland or the UK and any you see here are usually secondhand Japanese imports.

I was just about to throw me leg over it on Friday 13th September (I know!) to ride to Ringaskiddy to get the ferry to Santander to do the Portuguese Adventure Country Tracks (ACT) when we got a text saying... "Due to technical difficulties we regret to inform you that your sailing tonight has been cancelled" :mad::mad::mad:

006.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Good bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

It's a Yamaha Serow 250.

They are the Yamaha XT250 in the USA and other places.

They were never sold new in Ireland or the UK and any you see here are usually secondhand Japanese imports.

I was just about to throw me leg over it on Friday 13th September (I know!) to ride to Ringaskiddy to get the ferry to Santander to do the Portuguese Adventure Country Tracks (ACT) when we got a text saying... "Due to technical difficulties we regret to inform you that your sailing tonight has been cancelled" :mad::mad::mad:

006.jpg

I had guessed as much, judging by the 18" rear wheel but I did not realise that it was a 250. I have always had an interest in the 225 model which the one that is seen main in this country. I see there are two earlier 225 models for sale in Dublin at present. Yours looks lovely.
    The R1150R caught my eye too - I have the 1200 version myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Sorry if these are massive.

FZ6s1, got it in October.

Since these photos I've replaced that taped-over broken rear side cowling with a brand new one, added adjustable levers, heated grips, engine casing sliders, tank grips.
    Seriously thinking of doing the FZ6N naked single headlight conversion. Would still keep a windshield on if I do.

ALSO seriously thinking of already changing to a Honda NC of some kind because I can't live without maximum storage capacity (plus ABS would be cool), so if anyone wants to buy an FZ6 I actually am already thinking of that I guess!

sm2KULA.jpg

UHx69a1.jpg

U7sF8BJ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

FZ6 holds very good memories for me, my very 1st bike. Absolute cracker to learn on and is quick without being silly, I taught it looked really well also.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

Chasing a few auld clouds a few months back on Grossglockner, only sorting through photos and videos now.
    xlttslQ.jpg
    nRHOMxB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Stick more pics and vids up Grumpy would love to see more of that pass.

How did the 1290 perform on the trip....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

FYI: The RSV4 performed class except for the oil and bolts ting... but we wont talk about those.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

1290 was flawless. Couldn't be happier. The touratech boxes carry everything you want as well.

It's on the list to get a few vids up from the trip. Lots of audio issues so gotta think of something.

FYI: The RSV4 performed class except for the oil and bolts ting... but we wont talk about those.

That and the high pitched whine coming from just above the seat. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Recent acquisition...
    5LwFrr.jpg
    2014 Z1000sx ABS

I like it. Plus, best colour too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

As soon as the system allows me i'll post a pic of the fireblade i've gotten in recent days. Bringing it home tomorrow.

As soon as the system allows me i'll post a pic of the fireblade i've gotten in recent days. Bringing it home tomorrow.

This one ????:D

Screenshot-20191218-193531-01.jpg

blade1 wrote: »
    This one ????:D

Screenshot-20191218-193531-01.jpg

Do i know you :pac::pac::pac:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

My gpz900r on cork city toy run..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Had the blade before and after but never that one. Lovely useable sportbike, tell us about this one?

H_Lime wrote: »
    Had the blade before and after but never that one. Lovely useable sportbike, tell us about this one?

She’s a 1999 reg with 17,000 miles on it. Has sat in a barn in Dunmanway Co.Cork since 2003 due to the owner having a physical ailment. I obtained it through someone I worked with who is related to the person I bought it from. I haven’t started it yet as I must drain the tank, oil the bores and put in new plugs. It’s my third bike so when I get the chance I’ll upload a photo of all 3 together. 1 is a moped the other a 650 V-Strom. But I’m delighted with the ‘Blade, have to put a small few pound into it but it’ll be worth it, a 1 owner bike from new.

I need to find a new app that will let me embed photos as tinypic is no more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Newish to me

Advertisement