Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Post a pic of your bike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Try to keep ahead of the cleaning ��
    IMG-20200612-073245.jpg

Was in City spares myself last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Sonics2k wrote: »
    What an absolute beauty of a bike. Someday I'll get a new Fatboy.

I can vouch for how much fun this bike is, torque overload, surprisingly sporty for its weight and comfy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Gintonious wrote: »
    I can vouch for how much fun this bike is, torque overload, surprisingly sporty for its weight and comfy.

I've wanted a fatboy for many many years, honestly since I saw Arnie on one :pac:

Always been a bit out of my price range but someday I'll just bite the bullet and finance one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I've wanted a fatboy for many many years, honestly since I saw Arnie on one :pac:

Always been a bit out of my price range but someday I'll just bite the bullet and finance one.

I was the same, for me it was the Fat Bob or the Fat Boy, the Boy is probably for the future for me, having said that they just released this beauty this year...looks at this thing!

BPLEL7PVYZARBKW5J3AI2NESLA.jpg

I did meet someone with an older Boy and had those solid wheels on it, he said gusts of wind would be sketchy. But, when parked at least, looks whopper.

All the new softails have the M8 engine in it, and it is a PEACH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Honestly seeing those pictures tempts me to get my Dragstar blacked out on the chrome as much as possible. Gonna go research that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

This morning...
    Within County limit...
    516383.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

50009310972_2417ea759b_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Grand evening to shop by bike

0-BBC2-DF3-CE34-45-B2-AF7-C-59-B5-B1-FD5-F4-E.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭H_Lime

IMG-20200616-104712.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,379 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

DIY numberplate is very retro :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

DIY numberplate is very retro :pac:
    Haha yeah I made it out of a plaster's hawk I had left over from the hse build. It's the correct size but let's just say I'm no graphic designer:P Did me for my spin on it yesterday while the stamped alloy one from eireplates is inbound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Very very nice H, would love something of that era :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,379 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

H_Lime wrote: »
    Haha yeah I made it out of a plaster's hawk I had left over from the hse build. It's the correct size but let's just say I'm no graphic designer:P Did me for my spin on it yesterday while the stamped alloy one from eireplates is inbound.

It's positively designer compared to the usual 80s bit of corrugated cardboard with "FOR REG" crayoned onto it!

Joking aside though that bike is stunning and the blue one ain't bad either!

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

IMG-20200616-104712.jpg

Lovely bikes!
    What's the crack with the G.P.R.?
    A. Baffle + dB killer in?
    B. Baffle out?
    C. dB killer out?
    D. Baffle + dB killer out?

blade1 wrote: »
    Lovely bikes!
    What's the crack with the G.P.R.?
    A. Baffle + dB killer in?
    B. Baffle out?
    C. dB killer out?
    D. Baffle + dB killer out?
    I mostly run both, if I'm feeling giddy I pull the dB killer, but it'd wake the dead.
    The gpr is a nice shape for the bike but it doesn't provide enough backpressure or volume. I'm removing it and cutting up the link pipe to accept a 4 bolt flange to run this
    IMG-20200616-175528.jpg
    IMG-20200616-175552.jpg
    40fox gixer 1000 can. Weighs a little over 2kg, ti internals and the Dr650 boyos kill for em seemingly:pac:
    Should be a happy compromise between bottom and flow for top end. It's not got curbside appeal but I dislike the notion of a bolt on decreasing performance so gotta go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

IMG-20200616-104712.jpg

I don't post a lot but lurk here all the time. I'm coming out of lurk mode :) to ask for a few more photos of these please. They are absolutely stunning particularly the red.

I mostly run both, if I'm feeling giddy I pull the dB killer, but it'd wake the dead.
    The gpr is a nice shape for the bike but it doesn't provide enough backpressure or volume. I'm removing it and cutting up the link pipe to accept a 4 bolt flange to run this
    IMG-20200616-175528.jpg
    IMG-20200616-175552.jpg
    40fox gixer 1000 can. Weighs a little over 2kg, ti internals and the Dr650 boyos kill for em seemingly:pac:
    Should be a happy compromise between bottom and flow for top end. It's not got curbside appeal but I dislike the notion of a bolt on decreasing performance so gotta go.

It'll be more suited to the bike imo.

I had both baffle and dB killer out of my gpr on my tiger.
    Loud alright but I like em loud.

:rolleyes:
    I don't post a lot but lurk here all the time. I'm coming out of lurk mode :) to ask for a few more photos of these please. They are absolutely stunning particularly the red.
    So that I'm not a complete tart I'll post the grizzly stuff:pac:
    IMG-20200616-125133.jpg
    Blue Dr's ginormous main lhs crank roller bearing, el shaggedo.

base.jpg
    Blue dr when I got her home from Donegal 10 yrs ago. Weeping specifically out of everywhere.

IMG-20200102-235438-BURST023.jpg

DSCN4461.jpg
    Red Dr when I got her last last Sept. Bought Dublin northside. Had hoped she was knocking when I saw her, that way I could leave it as she was teethering on the edge of being very economically unsalvagable, but engine was largely sound. Again it was all caught just in time. In its favour there was much evidence that prior to prior owner back in Switzerland really and I mean really cared for it. So over 250 hrs and ehhh a few quid later, here she is.
    BTW more pics of yer Yamaha!

It'll be more suited to the bike imo.

I had both baffle and dB killer out of my gpr on my tiger.
    Loud alright but I like em loud.
    Triples sound class and are intriguing but for some reason the thought of another sagem fi bike fills me with dread. The fun I've had with coils and tune ecu, tune boy and sh1te mapping in the caponord puts me off. Mind you I have her licked now, but tbh I'd sooner be setting float heights than downloading drivers for tune boy.

Triples sound class and are intriguing but for some reason the thought of another sagem fi bike fills me with dread. The fun I've had with coils and tune ecu, tune boy and sh1te mapping in the caponord puts me off. Mind you I have her licked now, but tbh I'd sooner be setting float heights than downloading drivers for tune boy.

Yeah tried several maps using tune ECU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Yeah tried several maps using tune ECU.

Loads of fuel and loads if timing, job done :D

I actually have a keen interest in ecu tuning and can't wait til I get a bike that I can tune, if only I could fit a dyno in my back garden

Loads of fuel and loads if timing, job done :D

I actually have a keen interest in ecu tuning and can't wait til I get a bike that I can tune, if only I could fit a dyno in my back garden

Danger danger Mr Robinson, the amount of folks playin with ignition and fuel trims slowly turning pistons onto ashtrays whilst reporting mid 50's mpg is alarming. Like you say, dyno!:D

Danger danger Mr Robinson, the amount of folks playin with ignition and fuel trims slowly turning pistons onto ashtrays whilst reporting mid 50's mpg is alarming. Like you say, dyno!:D

Stop, the amount of guys tuning in car parks and then using the road to measure power 'does it feel faster bud?', it madness.

While tuning is an art the consequences of errors can be detrimental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Stuff always runs the best right on the edge of of disaster.
    You know when you are thinking, man, this engine is running really really well right now, snappy response and a lot of pull and then, silence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

My bikes

rustynutz wrote: »
    My bikes
    Lovely, which do you have more craic on?

Stop, the amount of guys tuning in car parks and then using the road to measure power 'does it feel faster bud?', it madness.

While tuning is an art the consequences of errors can be detrimental

Advancing the timing as far as possible to allow efficient cylinder fill is where you make power. However then you're dancing on the same floor as pre det

Advancing the timing as far as possible to allow efficient cylinder fill is where you make power. However then you're dancing on the same floor as pre det

There was a well liked map originating from the states in the caponord community with fairly big changes to advance and fuel tables. Reports of nearly 60mpg imperial and big gains. The advice was set the exhuat Co to 3% and away ye go. I did this with a gun son gas analyser but was still skeptical.
    Some of the fuel tables were in the negative figures and whilst the bike certainly made more outright power I was sure she was lean part throttle.
    Took it down to Jogs dyno where it was shown to be north of 15:1 on sub 20% openings. Close to pinging there and deffo give your valves and pistons a roasting as part throttle is where we spend a good deal of time on road.
    If I change induction or exhaust I visit a dyno!:)

There was a well liked map originating from the states in the caponord community with fairly big changes to advance and fuel tables. Reports of nearly 60mpg imperial and big gains. The advice was set the exhuat Co to 3% and away ye go. I did this with a gun son gas analyser but was still skeptical.
    Some of the fuel tables were in the negative figures and whilst the bike certainly made more outright power I was sure she was lean part throttle.
    Took it down to Jogs dyno where it was shown to be north of 15:1 on sub 20% openings. Close to pinging there and deffo give your valves and pistons a roasting as part throttle is where we spend a good deal of time on road.
    If I change induction or exhaust I visit a dyno!:)

I pity the engines in U.S. running on the petrol there.
    Suppose it's only a matter of time before we have it here.
    Apparently triumph 1050's initially had lots of conrods going to **** over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Lovely, which do you have more craic on?

Undoubtedly the Hypermotard, on paper it doesn't sound too exciting, 90hp out of a 1100cc engine, but it has so much torque you don't need to be going over a million mph to have fun like u do on the 1098, it's also very light so that adds to the fun. I bought the 1098 6 years ago ( I never usually hold onto a bike for longer than a year) and I haven't been able to part with it since, it brings a smile to my face every time I open the garage door, and is also great fun when you are in the mood for it

Advertisement